6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Only positive thing - I havenīt received my 650 Cabrio yet

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 650i Cabrio, Night Vision, Navigation, HUD, Logic 7, Active Cruise, Comfort Access, Bluetooth Preinstall, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, Soft Close, Park Distance Control +

Sorry for steaming out at a public forum.

I was robbed in my home yesterday, my mother in law has been gassed by sleeping gas.
All they took was cash, basically "small" amount ? 700. :'(

Only good thing about last night was I have not been delivered my BMW 650 Cabrio yet, so they couldnt steel that one yet......

Any suggestions for a good GPS tracker system for Europe when my car arrive ?
Old 12-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Severin' post='367979' date='Dec 15 2006, 04:29 PM
Sorry for steaming out at a public forum.

I was robbed in my home yesterday, my mother in law has been gassed by sleeping gas.
All they took was cash, basically "small" amount ? 700. :'(

Only good thing about last night was I have not been delivered my BMW 650 Cabrio yet, so they couldnt steel that one yet......

Any suggestions for a good GPS tracker system for Europe when my car arrive ?

Wow, remind me never to buy a home in your area..

I am sorry to hear about your horrible situation. Bright side... all they took was cash, and not your lives. The BMW not being delivered is a good thing, but I would count the positive statement to being alive.

Sorry I can't help you with the GPS -- I'm in the States.

On the flip side, I know we all would really love to see some pictures when you finally do get your car. Even if you do only get to drive it for a week before it gets lifted.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 650i Cabrio, Night Vision, Navigation, HUD, Logic 7, Active Cruise, Comfort Access, Bluetooth Preinstall, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, Soft Close, Park Distance Control +

Sure you are right, nobody hurt is the most important.

I was really surprised, this is really a nice neighbourhood.
Never been actually robbed before, without being able to get on top of the situation, and make a civilian arrest.

I was even more scared in the USA when some fool reported me as recognised as a member of the 10 most wanted by the FBI ?????????????
Being arested by gunpoint without doing anythin wrong was really scary.

Anyway, I am a family man without any necessity to hurt anybody, and have only been using force when protecting my family or myself.

Still, I am now very angry that somebody has been playing with my families safety, and I will install any countermeasures necessary to feel secure.

A tracker on my new car is in my toughts now mandatory equipment to be able to track down any enemies, which I absolutely did not now was present before today.

Pictures of my car will be available upon arrival........

Thanks for your toughts.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

Severin,

From your description of being in the US, I can guess you are of Middle Eastern decent. People here just trying to be cautions, but the use of some due diligence needs to be enacted before doing such a thing as calling someone in someone. The whole gunpoint thing, I'm sure it was a task force similar to SWAT -- I would have crapped my pants!

Well, I hope the authorities are on the lookout for the suspects. I'm sure you are not the only person they have done this to. I don't get the whole use sleeping gas and rob for merely 700, so they seem petty.

Also, your GPS unit is used as a tracker if you call them. The police cannot use it without consent though, or so I think.

Well, I hope your weekend is better than your week.

Originally Posted by Severin' post='368032' date='Dec 15 2006, 06:29 PM
Sure you are right, nobody hurt is the most important.

I was really surprised, this is really a nice neighbourhood.
Never been actually robbed before, without being able to get on top of the situation, and make a civilian arrest.

I was even more scared in the USA when some fool reported me as recognised as a member of the 10 most wanted by the FBI ?????????????
Being arested by gunpoint without doing anythin wrong was really scary.

Anyway, I am a family man without any necessity to hurt anybody, and have only been using force when protecting my family or myself.

Still, I am now very angry that somebody has been playing with my families safety, and I will install any countermeasures necessary to feel secure.

A tracker on my new car is in my toughts now mandatory equipment to be able to track down any enemies, which I absolutely did not now was present before today.

Pictures of my car will be available upon arrival........

Thanks for your toughts.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:32 AM
Members

I am Norwegian, blond and blue eyed, tall as most Scandinavians.
My experience was before 9-11.........

The arrest was made by regular police in Wichita Falls, TX.

First time ever I have heard the police say sorry, and actually meens it.

I have only good experience with the Spanish National Police and Guardia Civil, but contracting with a security company is always necessary.

----
Back to issue.

There are many gps trackers available in the market, but with different services.

I want a tracker that gives deduction in my insurance policy, have online tracking availability, has a 24 h. call center and preferably has a in car alarm button that activates emergency help. Even better if it has a g-force meter that activates emergency help after an accident.

Maybe I am asking for something that does not exist.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

Sorry for the assumption..

Ok, that is a tall order to request. I'm sure there are a few providers that offer a portion, if not all, of what you are asking for. The US has a few products that merely pin point the car for the police. It also lowers insurance premiums. I'm sure Spain has a few companies that are a little more advanced than ours. I dunno, maybe we can open up a business that provides just what you are asking. We can get a list of the most influential of Spain and offer to them. I would get to move to spain and afford an E63 as well.

Originally Posted by Severin' post='368148' date='Dec 16 2006, 07:32 AM
I am Norwegian, blond and blue eyed, tall as most Scandinavians.
My experience was before 9-11.........

The arrest was made by regular police in Wichita Falls, TX.

First time ever I have heard the police say sorry, and actually meens it.

I have only good experience with the Spanish National Police and Guardia Civil, but contracting with a security company is always necessary.

----
Back to issue.

There are many gps trackers available in the market, but with different services.

I want a tracker that gives deduction in my insurance policy, have online tracking availability, has a 24 h. call center and preferably has a in car alarm button that activates emergency help. Even better if it has a g-force meter that activates emergency help after an accident.

Maybe I am asking for something that does not exist.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Members

http://www.grupodetector.com/web_ingles/index.html

based on "Lojack" (not based on GPS)

http://www.lojack.com/index.cfm

Any experiences ?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Members

Cool

Better than tracker, monkey detection

http://www.demacmotor.com/imagesup/52_2videos.wmv
Old 01-13-2007, 06:10 AM
Members

This system is now beeing installed before delivery.

http://www.bmw.es/accesorios/html/sistema_...ion/default.htm (Spanish)

It has a panic step button beside the pedals.
Have a sensor that detects a crash.
Is integrated with my alarm.
The alarm central (Securitas) can stop the car electronically.
The alarm central can listen to whats going on inside the car.
Delivered with a remote control, where you can choose to trigger the tracker if the car is beeing moved.

Seems like a nice system, and only downside I can see is the limitations of the GSM system.