6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Next Gen 6er May Get 2 Models: Luxury & Sport

Old 01-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds promising.

When the next 6-series appears somewhere down the road as a 2010 or 2011 model there will be a big difference in the way the model is marketed.

Sources tell the Spies that BMW has identified there are two differnent customers for the 6.

A luxury buyer and a sport buyer.

So the next 6 will get two models (luxury and sport) and the distinction between luxury and sport will show a marked difference.

With the current model you can get a sport package but it does not alter the design enough for the current customers being focus grouped.

The Spies think this is a great idea and we think this is going to be one of the key trends in the luxury market going forward.

We believe you will see it on cars like the next E-Class, 5-Series, Lexus GS and others.

And by the way, we're told the next 6-series is basically a 2-door version of the CS concept that was shown in Shanghai.

And thats a good thing.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

THe MB C Class has done this and I think that it's a good idea. I think The LCI 550 loses big points from the luxury buyer segment for this reason , some potential buyers dont want all the suspension and tire/wheel package that makes the ride too stiff, not to mention the M body kit............ I know many of us love it but I know some don't and end up buying the 535 instead.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='512770' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:41 AM
This sounds promising.

When the next 6-series appears somewhere down the road as a 2010 or 2011 model there will be a big difference in the way the model is marketed.

Sources tell the Spies that BMW has identified there are two differnent customers for the 6.

A luxury buyer and a sport buyer.

So the next 6 will get two models (luxury and sport) and the distinction between luxury and sport will show a marked difference.

With the current model you can get a sport package but it does not alter the design enough for the current customers being focus grouped.

The Spies think this is a great idea and we think this is going to be one of the key trends in the luxury market going forward.

We believe you will see it on cars like the next E-Class, 5-Series, Lexus GS and others.

And by the way, we're told the next 6-series is basically a 2-door version of the CS concept that was shown in Shanghai.

And thats a good thing.
hmmmm, i dont know about this, I dont think that the sales model would justify two distinct models, the coupe is by fact of being a coupe a more sports oriented vehicle to begin with...and being a large coupe positioned as such with BMW, it is high luxury as well....what would they do to make it 'more' sporty??? throw some spoilers or ground effects? there is the M6 for the sportier needs, i would think anyway

as for what it will look like, as all new models are taking design cues from the Concept CS, (which by the way already includes many design elements from the e63 already) I would agree it will look something like the concept, but not at all be a two door version of the CS; you must keep in mind that the CS is a much bigger car, bigger than the e65 7Series, so the new 6series wont be merely a 2door CS, though Im sure it will look similar
Old 01-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I agree m630 on your CS comments. I think it may be more apprpriate to say the next 6er will take its styling "cues" from the CS rather than just a 2-door version thereof.

I curious how someone thinks we need be split on the luxury versus sport. I would think the Ms provide us all the "Sport" one could use Actually, by letting us get "Individual" capability I think we could get all the "Luxury" we need as well.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='512887' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:16 PM
I curious how someone thinks we need be split on the luxury versus sport. I would think the Ms provide us all the "Sport" one could use Actually, by letting us get "Individual" capability I think we could get all the "Luxury" we need as well.
exactly CD!! I'll be more than happy to let Indi take care of the Luxury needs for us!!!! Just give us the TT V8 and we'll be ready to roll!