6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Lowering 645 with 22s Asanti 128

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010 | 03:24 PM
Members

Hello everyone.Im a new member. I just got my 645.I put my 22s asantis and the front of the car looks great.but the back needs to get lowerd a little.I was wondering what type of springs should i use.I dont want it to rub.Sometimes when im going into a shoping center the rear would rub.i know if I lower it,I might have to roll my rear fenders.Here are some pics.As you can see.The front is perfectly on the fender, but the rear has about a 2-3 finger gap.
Attached Thumbnails Lowering 645 with 22s Asanti 128-img_0754.jpg   Lowering 645 with 22s Asanti 128-img_0757.jpg   Lowering 645 with 22s Asanti 128-img_0755.jpg  
Old 05-30-2010 | 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Car already looks lowered... weird.

I would suggest h&r springs if you want the most aggressive drop and ride. If you want a subtle drop and close to stock ride, go with the eibachs!
Old 05-30-2010 | 04:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tbal
Car already looks lowered... weird.

I would suggest h&r springs if you want the most aggressive drop and ride. If you want a subtle drop and close to stock ride, go with the eibachs!
I want it close to stock. Do you guys think I can just put the rear eibach springs and not the front,necause the front is already low enough.
Old 05-30-2010 | 05:11 PM
Senior Members

Yup, the car does already look lowered.
Old 05-30-2010 | 09:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Because of the strech on the rear tire is looks higher. Is that a 295? or 285?
Old 05-30-2010 | 10:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tbal
Because of the strech on the rear tire is looks higher. Is that a 295? or 285?
yes the rear im runing a 295.So if were to purchase the eibach springs.can i just install the rear shocks,because the front is perfect right now.Also would i have to roll my fenders or do any modifications. THAnks for your help.
Old 05-31-2010 | 09:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

I agree, the car looks lowered already.

I have the Eibach Pro Kit. No rubbing with my 21" Hartge.
Old 05-31-2010 | 11:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Haddadzed
yes the rear im runing a 295.So if were to purchase the eibach springs.can i just install the rear shocks,because the front is perfect right now.Also would i have to roll my fenders or do any modifications. THAnks for your help.

If you wanted to install just the rears, you can. Keep in mind that due to the different spring rates, you car may not handle the best that it can. As far as rolling the fenders, it really depends on the offset of your rear wheels. So yes, worse comes to worse, your going to have to roll the fenders.

Have you tried taking off your rear wheel, and see if the springs in there are still stock or aftermarket?
Old 05-31-2010 | 02:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring
If you wanted to install just the rears, you can. Keep in mind that due to the different spring rates, you car may not handle the best that it can. As far as rolling the fenders, it really depends on the offset of your rear wheels. So yes, worse comes to worse, your going to have to roll the fenders.

Have you tried taking off your rear wheel, and see if the springs in there are still stock or aftermarket?
No i havent. What do the stock springs look like?would they have any particular color code or a serial number?
Old 05-31-2010 | 04:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Haddadzed
No i havent. What do the stock springs look like?would they have any particular color code or a serial number?
The aftermarket springs will have either Eibach or H&R along with part numbers labeled on them. The stock springs will have some random colored marks on them, and sometimes even have a piece of tape or something attached to one of the coils.

Quick Reply: Lowering 645 with 22s Asanti 128