5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   6 Series Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/6-series-discussion-27/)
-   -   Ipod adapter random all fix? (https://5series.net/forums/6-series-discussion-27/ipod-adapter-random-all-fix-85085/)

ferio 09-07-2009 09:23 PM

So I know that in Idrive if i click on "random all", it will go to a random song. Great. But when I want to skip to the next song, it will just go to the subsequent song. It seems like the only way to go to another random song is to disable the random all and enable it again. Thats 4 clicks just to skip!! Yeah, sorry, I know this has been discussed to death but just wondering if there was any firmware fix or some kind of workaround? Thanks

my1stbeemer 09-15-2009 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by ferio' post='1001474' date='Sep 8 2009, 01:23 AM
So I know that in Idrive if i click on "random all", it will go to a random song. Great. But when I want to skip to the next song, it will just go to the subsequent song. It seems like the only way to go to another random song is to disable the random all and enable it again. Thats 4 clicks just to skip!! Yeah, sorry, I know this has been discussed to death but just wondering if there was any firmware fix or some kind of workaround? Thanks

I was having the same issue and this is what I found and I hope this helps. First, I choose the sub-catagory "songs" so that all of my songs are displayed. Then I pick the sond I want to start with. Once that starts playing I go to the menu and select "random all". The next song that plays is randomly selected. If you do not want to listen to this song all you have to do is use the forward select arrow on your steering wheel. It then goes to another random song and retains your "random all" setting. You can keep pushing the forward select button until you reach a desired song. The problem I have encountered is that if you use the idrive wheel to scroll and pick a song on your own you have to go back and check "random all" again. It would be nice if you could navigate all around with idrive, pick a song and then have it continue in the random mode.

I am no computer whiz and I have never read about any software of fix to change this.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

ferio 09-16-2009 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by my1stbeemer' post='1008659' date='Sep 15 2009, 04:53 PM
I was having the same issue and this is what I found and I hope this helps. First, I choose the sub-catagory "songs" so that all of my songs are displayed. Then I pick the sond I want to start with. Once that starts playing I go to the menu and select "random all". The next song that plays is randomly selected. If you do not want to listen to this song all you have to do is use the forward select arrow on your steering wheel. It then goes to another random song and retains your "random all" setting. You can keep pushing the forward select button until you reach a desired song. The problem I have encountered is that if you use the idrive wheel to scroll and pick a song on your own you have to go back and check "random all" again. It would be nice if you could navigate all around with idrive, pick a song and then have it continue in the random mode.

I am no computer whiz and I have never read about any software of fix to change this.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Thanks I appreciate your input. After you select random all on idrive and when i choose forward on my steering wheel to go to the next song, it doesn't go to a random song. It will go to the next subsequent song on the list. Yeah...I figured there wouldn't be a fix for this. Damn stupid bmw programming.

heavy_g 09-16-2009 08:27 AM

I just installed the iPod Interface (love it) and am having the same issue.