6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

iBrights vs. LED AE's - Side By Side Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright guys, I did a side by side comparison. One side has the iBrights priced at 299 and the other has the LED AE's priced at 75.99. Keep in mind this is a 224$ difference!

I'll reveal which side is what a week from now. Until then, can YOU guess which is which?
Attached Thumbnails iBrights vs. LED AE's - Side By Side Comparison-dscf0645.jpg  
Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Members

is there a difference in installation? i hear the ibrights are very simple whereas the LEDs are not...

Also, any error messages with the LEDs?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

the right side is ibrite... mind you their customer service BLOWS HARD, id never ever deal with them again.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 6orBust' post='681728' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:58 AM
is there a difference in installation? i hear the ibrights are very simple whereas the LEDs are not...

Also, any error messages with the LEDs?
Umm both are LED lights. Both install in the same area so are essentially the same to install. Anyway, the R-Dash AE's are easier to install IMO since they have a longer base to grab onto, whereas the ibrights are rather short so hard to turn to secure in the socket.

Neither have an error message.

I had a positive experience with the customer service of ibrights but then again, i generally deal with the owner directly.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by schulrog' post='682545' date='Oct 1 2008, 06:35 AM
Umm both are LED lights. Both install in the same area so are essentially the same to install. Anyway, the R-Dash AE's are easier to install IMO since they have a longer base to grab onto, whereas the ibrights are rather short so hard to turn to secure in the socket.

Neither have an error message.

I had a positive experience with the customer service of ibrights but then again, i generally deal with the owner directly.
So which side is which? And your right the iBrights have a shorter base to grab onto. I was able to secure my passenger side angeleye, however, the driver's side was murder, :thumbsdown: and its still not in seated correctly, just sits there. Any suggestions on installing more securely. Keep in mind I've got an 05' model!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by tprenaldo' post='682638' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:53 AM
So which side is which? And your right the iBrights have a shorter base to grab onto. I was able to secure my passenger side angeleye, however, the driver's side was murder, :thumbsdown: and its still not in seated correctly, just sits there. Any suggestions on installing more securely. Keep in mind I've got an 05' model!
Go get yourself a set of looong long-nose pliers. It'll help you grab the AIB and allow you to twist the base (locking it in place).
Old 10-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

I bought a pair about a week ago. Someone else suggested the same, just haven't gotten around to using them yet! Thanks.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Members

My Ride: Your girlfriend

iBrite on the right, I'm assuming. It's not $224 better. I have the cheapies and they were very easy to install, although the connections were loose and I had to use Gorilla Glue to keep them from triggering a loose connection error in the iDrive.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Contributors

my connections were super tight on the cheapies.

for the AIB's.. yeah i suggest you just shove your hand down and turn. the key is to get the bulb settled in the socket correctly which is harder than it sounds. however once you feel it popping in all the way, turning it to lock closed isn't that easy either.i guess pliers could be used. i just wish they would have something on them to grab onto to make it easy to intall and turn.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Members

Here's mine.what you guy's think,AIB or cheapies?

Quick Reply: iBrights vs. LED AE's - Side By Side Comparison