5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   6 Series Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/6-series-discussion-27/)
-   -   Help. Any suggestions (https://5series.net/forums/6-series-discussion-27/help-any-suggestions-90130/)

unclebnz 12-02-2009 04:28 AM

I need the help of the community. My 2008 650 convertible has been at the dealer for 2 months now. I originally brought it in because I had a problem with the stereo and the park distance control. After these issues were resolved they had to program. That?s when the problems began. Once the connected the vehicle to the computer for updating it crashed and corrupted the ignition module. Three ignition units later and still no progress. Engineers from BMW came down and still cannot figure out the problem. What does anyone suggest I do now?

Sam@sleekmotoring 12-02-2009 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by unclebnz' post='1066297' date='Dec 2 2009, 05:28 AM
I need the help of the community. My 2008 650 convertible has been at the dealer for 2 months now. I originally brought it in because I had a problem with the stereo and the park distance control. After these issues were resolved they had to program. That?s when the problems began. Once the connected the vehicle to the computer for updating it crashed and corrupted the ignition module. Three ignition units later and still no progress. Engineers from BMW came down and still cannot figure out the problem. What does anyone suggest I do now?

If I were in your shoes, I would claim it as a lemon, or have BMW give you a replacement car that equals what you paid for it.

BulldogE60 12-02-2009 03:51 PM

Lemon it. Why should you stress out over their fuck ups?

luigi524td 12-02-2009 06:14 PM

YIKES ... two months to sort out an electronic gremlin!?! In a fraction of the time they could replace every module in the car. How is BMW compensating you for loss of service?

unclebnz 12-02-2009 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='1066721' date='Dec 2 2009, 10:14 PM
YIKES ... two months to sort out an electronic gremlin!?! In a fraction of the time they could replace every module in the car. How is BMW compensating you for loss of service?

Im in a freckin 335 loaner with the dealers
(loaner) sticker on the back window. I think they just want me to drive around and advertise for them. So far they were going to cover my last two payments. But I would really love to lemon this car and get a new one. I think it would be to their advantage since I would be in it for the next 3 years.

unclebnz 12-07-2009 07:01 AM

UPDATE: I was in formed that a technician form BMW NA was coming to the dealership to resolve the issue. Once he arrived and replaced the cast unit for the fourth time the same issue occurred. At this time he went back to Jersey and reprogrammed a new cast unit and returned to my dealership and installed it and the problem was solved. To tell you the truth I am not pleased with the results. This vehicle has been in the shop too often for different electrical issues. I spoke to someone at BMW NA and express my concerns. For me the noble thing to do is allow me to exchange vehicle. I am willing to renew my lease for another three years. The issue is what would be a fair compromise? I know the vehicle has gone up in price. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
BTW: I had the vehicle for 11 months.