6 Series Discussion A place for 6 series coupe, convertible, M6 owners and those curious.

Frankfurt Auto Show: The New BMW M6 Competition Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 650i
Thumbs down

In addition to several world premiers introduced at the upcoming Frankfurt Auto Show, BMW Group brings out more special editions of already produced vehicles. This includes the BMW M6 Competition which stands out among others by an exclusive design, both interior and exterior.

BMW will also introduce a new color in the M6 line-up, Frozen Gray Mettalic?.matte finish. The M6 Competition Edition is limited to only 100 vehicles, all of them carrying a special engraving.

Inside, the few lucky customers can choose between two design variations, the Merino full leather interior with either black or light gray two-tone contrast stiching. Special floor mats with the ?M6 Competition? stitched on them will emphasize the limited edition M6 the owner has purchased.

There are also some fine technical tuning, starting with a special suspension which will provide even more momentum, and continuing with revised springs, dampers and stabilizers. The ride has also been lowered by 10 mm upfront and 12mm at the rear.

No pricing is available at this time, but we intend to find out more about the ordering process at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

Source: BMWblog
Old 09-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

That's a mean looking M6. A nice way to end the model run.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:45 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Nice, but not exactly inspiring. If you're going to call an M-car "competition" I think it should be a little more extravagant than those subtle enhancements. A drop and a BMW Individual interior and paint finish is effectively it. Don't get me wrong, its an incredible car, just a little disappointing considering all of BMW's "competition" race heritage and recent return (via BMW Alpina) to GT racing. I would have thought more use of carbon / light-weight body enhancements, different rims, engine boost, etc would have been more appropriate. There's no pleasing some people hey
Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='1000020' date='Sep 6 2009, 08:45 AM
Nice, but not exactly inspiring. If you're going to call an M-car "competition" I think it should be a little more extravagant than those subtle enhancements. A drop and a BMW Individual interior and paint finish is effectively it. Don't get me wrong, its an incredible car, just a little disappointing considering all of BMW's "competition" race heritage and recent return (via BMW Alpina) to GT racing. I would have thought more use of carbon / light-weight body enhancements, different rims, engine boost, etc would have been more appropriate. There's no pleasing some people hey
Yes BMW could find another 100 bhp from that motor if it wanted. I guess if you want that sort of power one good option is the Dinan Stroker motor.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

I agree. "Competition Edition" is a misnomer. "Special Edition" maybe. A competition model should have light weight materials, brake upgrades, and HP upgrades,like the M3 CSL.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Loving the color, it looks sweeeeeet! The interior, reminds me of an oreo cookie rofl
Old 09-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i / Black Sapphire / Premium / Navigation / Bluetooth / PDC / USB Audio Integration / 6 Speed Sport Automatic with Steptronic / Logic 7 / Comfort Access / Auto Folding Mirrors / Comfort Seats / Rear Heated Seats / 35% Tint All Around / Black Dakota Leather

My SA showed it to me last week at BMW Toronto. Nothing special about it. Not worth the extra $.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Members

Love the color. But doesn't look too different from a normal M6
Old 09-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Love the color and the interior, but the "competition" in this edition is - apparently - purely butaforic, unless they're referring to a beauty competition
Old 09-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Senior Members

That interior looks really good! Ahh, all that leather and stitching....
Nice!

Quick Reply: Frankfurt Auto Show: The New BMW M6 Competition Limited Edition