5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   6 Series Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/6-series-discussion-27/)
-   -   AE's wired to interior lights (https://5series.net/forums/6-series-discussion-27/aes-wired-interior-lights-83526/)

schulrog 08-15-2009 09:05 PM

Been playing with this idea for a while.. finally got it done and it looks awesome:) Now everytime I unlock the car the AE's come on as well. Took a little more effort to not have the 12V route back into the vehicle which then keeps the interior lights on all the time but now everything works flawlessly:D

tbal 08-15-2009 09:35 PM

Thread is useless wihout video and diy :)

pjinca 08-15-2009 09:36 PM

Pics or it didn't happen -BAN!!!! :P Cool idea by the way, especially if they are bright white AE's

schulrog 08-16-2009 01:46 AM

it's universal for E60's and E64's and if you guys knew me (especially you T) you'd know that I don't just talk;) I walk the walk:P hehe vids will follow tomorrow evening when it's dark out. The only issue is since I have LED's which don't really dim in and out they flicker when it turns on and off (looks cool as hell) but if you have the OEM AE's the dimming function works the same.. AE's dim in and then back out with the interior lighting.

All-Or-Nothing 08-16-2009 02:38 AM

I love how you're not afraid to try new things on your car.

schulrog 08-16-2009 02:42 AM

hahaha yeah i seem to be the test subject for a lot of things.. but what's the fun of having a ride if you're too afraid of touching it:)

All-Or-Nothing 08-16-2009 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by schulrog' post='978118' date='Aug 16 2009, 05:42 AM
hahaha yeah i seem to be the test subject for a lot of things.. but what's the fun of having a ride if you're too afraid of touching it:)

I been writing down all the different mods and plan on ordering everything when I leave Iraq. I got 4 months left with this company and I'm done. I been here for 6 years already.

Side note I have already moved to the Philippines, the wife is there right now. I'll make a thread with some pics.

Bteljuice 08-16-2009 02:49 AM

THANKK GOOODDDD :D

I have been over this topic for years and have had many complaints to just stop asking about this mod as no one was interested to try it out.
This was first done by Hell Raiser who posted vids and bruce posted a DIY but no one tried to duplicate this.

Thank you so much schulrog for doing this. We would all appreciate a Step by Step DIY(with pics if possible) regarding this.

AGAIN, THANKS :thumbsup:

All-Or-Nothing 08-16-2009 02:51 AM

DIY or BAN or go back to Bimmerfest LOL

schulrog 08-16-2009 03:02 AM

hahaha never am I EVER going back to bimmerfest:) I can post a DIY of the install for the 6-series.. I imagine the 5 would be the same since it's virtually the same car just different body parts lol anyway... I'm about to release a wiring harness for this mod on my site @ www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com. First 5er to volunteer to do the install get's the harness for free given that they will provide me with the step-by-step install pics:)