gt 3.00d test drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT
Wink

well guys i have been reading the mail on the gt for a while now,
i decided in september to change from 635d to a new model,my son suggested i try a x6 .attracted by its presence on the road it was fitted with extras and 22inch black alloys ,a real eye catcher.the dealer offered me an exceptional deal with 100miles on the clock,so i signed the dotted line.
well my job means i dont drive until october its now september.
i visited it every night after work,studied its lines and grew to like its lines,those wheels looked fab.we drove it around the block a few times really nice drive but from a 6er to x6 is a leap in the air.
reversing was a challenge!even with backup camera and the intuitive line marking,its possible but will take some getting used to,i said to myself.
the salesman rang regarding the paperwork and we conversed and arrived at a conclusion that a 5 gt would be a good choice for me,i have owned 4 fives and 2 of the loaded 535d versions ,fabulous cars.
so her we go ,take the x6 back to showroom order my gt 3.00se in black /white/black interior and a lot of toys.all over the phone....but now i have no car!
dont worry we will give you a loaner till it arrives,he said.oh. great
loaner arrives on x6 collection,,,,,,,,new 59 plate sold to me ,2.0d msport 3series with all goodies.

here we are 1000miles on the 3series (now on winter layoff)the wife loves it wants to keep it,no chance!awaitiing the launch of gt5.....invited to a private view at dealer last week to see the demo car.wow
looks great same color as i have ordered except black inside.
it is one of those cars you HAVE TO SEE IN THE FLESH. All comments about appearance seem to overexagerated when you touch and see it.yes its different but heym, change, i love it.
maybe the new five will be as dramatic in the flesh.
inside is luxurious and modern ,instrument panel brilliant with all the displays superimposing on each other,nav screen really inmproved and multifunctional(all menus as they should be)ambient lighting brilliant and a pleasure at night or in dark.
went to the launch last saturday,in showroom it sat flanked by the 7seies and 5 series touring,now you can judge the presence of the car and appreciate its beauty.its big and bold dwarfs the five and upsurps the 7 ,this is a nail in the coffin for the 7,for sure .priced in below the 7 but parrellel to about 1500? if you count up the included options of value,more than a five.

wnt home and thought i wonder what this will turn in my drive like?can i get it in garage ,measuring is another matter ,you need the car to try.reversing might be an issue,but i gaot cameras front and back o9n my order..it will be ok i said..still waitig for delivery
today salesman phoned......i will be at your home in an hour with gt demo for you to drive!
it landed in my drive as promissed 50 miles on clock (25 from dealer to my address)
keyless entry so off we glide,gently,first impression it didnt feel that big(7inches longer 5inches wider maybe than a five)wow 8 speed g/box couldnt feel the changes new 3.00d engine sounded great and gave a roar on throttle..lovely inside was enormous a very light ambiance considering black interior.(i orderd light ash trim this had black ash, looked the best yet could have stayed with that.as the grain very prominent and improved on my 6er)switching ride to sport .wow.sport + .wowowow.
enough i am biased. so ....

4weeks to go now.cant wait. i have dreamed about it,looked at it,now diriven it,now i want it tommorow!!!!!
hold your views with an open mind and try the 5 gt on the road quick .its gonna be a grat car and there nly bringing 2000 to uk in 2010.

owners report to follow!
comments i am sure will follow with the same vain as as already,but drive it before you reply .

yes my dealer is the best yet .(OCEAN FALMOUTH ,speak to CRAIG,tell him i said so!(jim))

i could list the bad points ,lack of rear vision trim inside only silver unless you upgrade,lack of alloy choices no twin turbo deisel till next year.
but who cares ,brilliant car great pressence on the road and its versatile and different.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:24 AM
Contributors

sounds exciting, you will have the first GT on the board...here in the US, there is only one offering initially, the 550GT, so it will be interesting to see how yours comes along
Old 11-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630' post='1041859' date='Oct 28 2009, 01:24 PM
sounds exciting, you will have the first GT on the board...here in the US, there is only one offering initially, the 550GT, so it will be interesting to see how yours comes along
yes getting fed up waiting....gt has left factory on its way to uk
delivery 28nov collect 1 dec .cant wait........................................
Old 11-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by radioham' post='1056298' date='Nov 16 2009, 08:39 PM
yes getting fed up waiting....gt has left factory on its way to uk
delivery 28nov collect 1 dec .cant wait........................................
Congrats man! Post photo's as soon as you take delivery!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Furious_g' post='1056472' date='Nov 17 2009, 05:21 AM
Congrats man! Post photo's as soon as you take delivery!
arrived wednesday 23/11 a week early fabulous drive .......stunning inside...photos coming soon
Old 11-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

i just sat in a showroom gt yesterday. what a super interior. i hope the new 5 looks the same.