Am I the only one that totally loves the 5 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, to be perfectly honest, I think 5gt is the ugliest car on earth !
Old 02-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535xiT6
Model Year: 2008

the Audi A7 is giving it some competition in that aspect
Old 02-22-2012, 04:38 AM
Members

I think a7 looks like the old mercedes cls. which both are crappy.

however the 5gt man, is ugly as justin bieber's babypants
Old 02-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I've actually driven in one and it's very comfortable -- even in the back. More comfortable than most BMW's. However, the looks -- ehhh...no!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

They are great !! very functional and fast ( 550 ! ) we use it as a the replacement for our X5 and , honestly , it has more room and handles better, its not for everyone but we've had every BMW except a 3 series and a 7 ( actually the GT is a 7 with a hatchback) and its a great car !

Cheers
Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535xiT6
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by westcoast550
They are great !! very functional and fast ( 550 ! ) we use it as a the replacement for our X5 and , honestly , it has more room and handles better, its not for everyone but we've had every BMW except a 3 series and a 7 ( actually the GT is a 7 with a hatchback) and its a great car !

Cheers
At least you are talking about the functional aspects If we narrow it down to function being that important, I can see your side, however I'll have to argue it being more room than the x5, maybe more in length, but definitely not in total.

However, now that you have mentioned this, I will be making a trip to the dealer with my measuring tape and I'll post my length, widths, heights, and practical considerations of such measurements in due time. If I'm going to complain about the GT, I'd better have my facts accurate.

Lastly, seeing as you say the GT is essentially "a 7 series with a hatch back" , well, then I'll still say a "touring" body style is better, it just ought to be a 7 series sized platform. That would be sweet, I'd buy one with a nice big diesel engine, preferably the 3x turbo diesel.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by norsecarnut
At least you are talking about the functional aspects If we narrow it down to function being that important, I can see your side, however I'll have to argue it being more room than the x5, maybe more in length, but definitely not in total.

However, now that you have mentioned this, I will be making a trip to the dealer with my measuring tape and I'll post my length, widths, heights, and practical considerations of such measurements in due time. If I'm going to complain about the GT, I'd better have my facts accurate.

Lastly, seeing as you say the GT is essentially "a 7 series with a hatch back" , well, then I'll still say a "touring" body style is better, it just ought to be a 7 series sized platform. That would be sweet, I'd buy one with a nice big diesel engine, preferably the 3x turbo diesel.
We use it for skiing and going to Whistler and it really packs up the goods , also put a rack system on for bikes etc. I just bought an X6 Hybrid as well and love it for the drive and torque. surprisingly roomy too.

Happy with the cars !
Old 03-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by norsecarnut

We use it for skiing and going to Whistler and it really packs up the goods , also put a rack system on for bikes etc. I just bought an X6 Hybrid as well and love it for the drive and torque. surprisingly roomy too.

Happy with the cars !
Old 03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by westcoast550

Cheers
You need to get the new 7 M Sport in Alpine White, K!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Contributors

C, in super sport mode the GT is a real monster , drove the 7 Msport for a weekend a few weeks back , really nice but ultimately same platform , engine and tranny as the GT , so not dranmatically differnt driving wise. BMW lost & customers to the GT due to price point and more functionality ...................

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that totally loves the 5 GT?