Actual GT Pic

Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by car_fan
Congrats! Please post pics when you get a chance. Trust when I tell you, you're going to have fun acclimating yourself with the technology of the car! Just don't try to do it while driving LOL!
Will do. taking delivery is just the start for me. I have a lot of "goodies" planned. New shoes are being delivered, stock speakers going to the rubbish bin, etc....

Will post pics when i have completed the first few mods.

BTW, i used to hate the morning traffic to work. with this car, i wished traffic is as bad as it can get!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ksquare
Will do. taking delivery is just the start for me. I have a lot of "goodies" planned. New shoes are being delivered, stock speakers going to the rubbish bin, etc....

Will post pics when i have completed the first few mods.

BTW, i used to hate the morning traffic to work. with this car, i wished traffic is as bad as it can get!
Thats whats up! Did you spec the premium sound, it's pretty decent for OEM. I thought the B&O in my last Audi could't be topped, but the premium HiFi has the goods. The only thing I don't particualy care for is placement of the subs under the front seats

Shoes aye? I was and am considering them but I purchased the tire and wheel warranty from BMW. I have my eyes on the annodized factory 21's they look like a smoked/polished chrome. The warranty pays for itself nail, bent rim etc.. Otherwise I would be looking at Schnitzer, Breyton, HRE even Kahn design I could really go nutz with this thing but I am going to exercise self restraint. What I do want is the performance program (ECU) that is being offered for the x6 448hp/480ft lbs, same engine. I am going to see what my SA and tech can do when this is released.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Members

What I do want is the performance program (ECU) that is being offered for the x6 448hp/480ft lbs, same engine. I am going to see what my SA and tech can do when this is released.

Is it an BMW official ECU program?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:06 AM
Members

Thats whats up! Did you spec the premium sound, it's pretty decent for OEM. I thought the B&O in my last Audi could't be topped, but the premium HiFi has the goods. The only thing I don't particualy care for is placement of the subs under the front seats

Shoes aye? I was and am considering them but I purchased the tire and wheel warranty from BMW. I have my eyes on the annodized factory 21's they look like a smoked/polished chrome. The warranty pays for itself nail, bent rim etc.. Otherwise I would be looking at Schnitzer, Breyton, HRE even Kahn design I could really go nutz with this thing but I am going to exercise self restraint. What I do want is the performance program (ECU) that is being offered for the x6 448hp/480ft lbs, same engine. I am going to see what my SA and tech can do when this is released.
I got the stock basic 12 speaker hifi system. For the same amount of money to upgrade, i could easily get something much better. I've got big plans for the audio section. Coming soon......

On the shoes, believe me, i went through the same lines of thought as you. I know exactly which factory 21" you are talking about and i luved it very much as well. problem is the tyre is too thin and i worry about the compromise in ride quality. i finally decided on aftermarket shoes. Went through all the wheel brands you mentioned and luved the HRE monoblocks. But then again problem is the only ones that cud fit the GT is the 21". They have the 20"s but HRE confirmed that they are not manufactured to carry such heavy cars. So ended up getting one from other brands.

Got a surprise call yesterday that the new shoes have arrived! Got it on today. Makes a world of a difference, at least thats my opinion. will post the before and after tomorrow morning. its too dark to take a nice pic outdoors.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cotechia
Is it an BMW official ECU program?
Yes it is, but at the moment it is geard towards the X6 xDrive 35i and 50i.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Members

I got the stock basic 12 speaker hifi system. For the same amount of money to upgrade, i could easily get something much better. I've got big plans for the audio section. Coming soon......

On the shoes, believe me, i went through the same lines of thought as you. I know exactly which factory 21" you are talking about and i luved it very much as well. problem is the tyre is too thin and i worry about the compromise in ride quality. i finally decided on aftermarket shoes. Went through all the wheel brands you mentioned and luved the HRE monoblocks. But then again problem is the only ones that cud fit the GT is the 21". They have the 20"s but HRE confirmed that they are not manufactured to carry such heavy cars. So ended up getting one from other brands.

Got a surprise call yesterday that the new shoes have arrived! Got it on today. Makes a world of a difference, at least thats my opinion. will post the before and after tomorrow morning. its too dark to take a nice pic outdoors.

Dude I amped to see the photos Did you have the sport rims before? Also do you plan on any mods for the suspension? Me personally I have the feeling of what can go wrong will go wrong, so personally, I am going to leave it be.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Members

Dude I amped to see the photos Did you have the sport rims before? Also do you plan on any mods for the suspension? Me personally I have the feeling of what can go wrong will go wrong, so personally, I am going to leave it be.
Here's the before and after my new shoes.

Before. The stock came with style 234 18".
Actual GT Pic-p1080203.jpg

After. My new shoes looks very similar to the factory 21". They are 20" from Breyton.
Actual GT Pic-p1080213.jpg

Next up is lowering the car by changing the front springs with AC Schnitzer springs. AC's springs are not as aggressive as those of Hamman nor Hartge. AC's authorised distributor are the bmw dealer, so they will do all the installation and computer setting for me since the rears are self levelling air suspension.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Members

Here's the before and after my new shoes.

Before. The stock came with style 234 18".
Attachment 106011

After. My new shoes looks very similar to the factory 21". They are 20" from Breyton.
Attachment 106012

Next up is lowering the car by changing the front springs with AC Schnitzer springs. AC's springs are not as aggressive as those of Hamman nor Hartge. AC's authorised distributor are the bmw dealer, so they will do all the installation and computer setting for me since the rears are self levelling air suspension.

Looks real nice. Are those Breyton Magic? I like Breytons alot. Back in 1998 I was one of the first people in the US to run the Breyton Inspirations on my e39 528i Sport, then I later switched to the Magic. Back then 18 x 9.5 was about the largest people were running consistently. Breyton is about at the top of my list as well, because their rim designs are sporty and classy at the same time.

I'm even contemplating running the GTS version on our Mini.

Excellent choice. Expecially since you have the dealer installing and configuring the suspension settings to compensate for the drop.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Members

They are the RACE LS design. I really like the rims. Seeing it in reality is very different from the pics. Gives the car a real presence.

One thing I notice though. The stock 18" has conti3 runflats on and they felt more comfortable than the 20" non runflat pzero I currently have on. I can feel more vibrations and hear more road noise on the pzero. Looks like runflats have come a long way!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I do love it in white - yes, I'm surprised as well
Is there a BMW that you don't like in Alpine White? Hmmmm, I think that Alpine White Girl has a New York compadre.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Actual GT Pic