5 Series Announcements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Please Read! Beware of scammers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 08:19 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW F13 640i M Sport
Model Year: 2015
Engine: 315-hp 3.0-liter
Default Please Read! Beware of scammers...

Every social media site in the world has scammers working to steal money. We have seen large sums of money stolen on other communities by sellers who disappear after the money was sent. Please be skeptical of any transaction with someone you do not know personally. Check an account post history, if it was dormant for some time then suddenly active offering 'good' deals be cautious. NEVER send funds via wire transfer or bit coin, once sent it's gone! Always use PayPal or a known escrow service. Never send money via PayPal as a gift to save PayPal fees because you surrender any recourse to recover your money. Search the internet for any scam history associated with a phone number or email address provided to you by a seller/buyer.

Please report any unsolicited PM offering a third party referral and/or a part or service you have asked about in a post. The account will be reviewed and banned immediately if a scam is suspected. Finally, do not make a hack of your account easy, please change your password. It is easy to do when logged in from your user control panel linked below. Thank you.

https://5series.net/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

Bob
Old 09-10-2018, 04:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW F13 640i M Sport
Model Year: 2015
Engine: 315-hp 3.0-liter

We are seeing an increase in these types of 'Visitor Message' fishing and scam attempts. Please read the post above, thank you.

Bob