Is there a 9 Series on the Way?

Is there a 9 Series on the Way?

In the last several years, BMW has branched out into using digits previously not found on the tail ends of roundel-badged cars, such as 1, 2 and 4; however, the 8 Series has not been revived. But the Bavarian automaker might shoot straight past that to the number nine.

By: | April 7, 2014

Autoblog Reviews the Dinan S3-R BMW 1M Coupe

Autoblog Reviews the Dinan S3-R BMW 1M Coupe

Dinan Engineering adds power and improved handling to the 2011 BMW 1M Coupe, and let’s not forget irony. Irony? Yes, because the S3-R, an extensively tuned version of the Bavarian pocket rocket, doesn’t come across as a modified car — it’s not an unreliable, one-dimensional creation.

By: | April 4, 2014

Throwback: Top Gear Tests the ALPINA Z8

Throwback: Top Gear Tests the ALPINA Z8

This video took everything I thought I knew about tuners and turned it on its head. See, until now, I was of the understanding that modifiers make cars more powerful and (more often than not) ruin the appearance of the vehicles upon which they lay their hands. ALPINA proved me wrong.

By: | March 28, 2014

Take a Tour of Dinan Engineering with Steve Dinan

Take a Tour of Dinan Engineering with Steve Dinan

Future presidents take their first steps down the path of leadership as broke law students. Successful comedians begin their careers making their friends laugh. Steve Dinan laid the foundation for his tuning empire in his home garage in 1979. Now look at him. His eponymous company has won two Rolex 24 at Daytona championships and three Rolex Sports Car Series top trophies. Dinan Engineering now operates out of a 33,000-square-foot facility in Morgan Hill, California.

By: | March 26, 2014

Monday is for M: Supercharged 2002 BMW M5

Monday is for M: Supercharged 2002 BMW M5

My favorite generation of BMW M5 is, without question, the E39. With that naturally aspirated S62 4.9-liter V8 producing 394 horsepower and 368 lb-ft of torque, the E39 M5 is an honest car, but what happens when you take the S62 to the wild side and supercharge it? It suddenly becomes dishonest in character. I’m […] More »

By: | March 10, 2014

850-HP BMW X6 M Drag Races BMW M6 and Porsche 911 Turbo

850-HP BMW X6 M Drag Races BMW M6 and Porsche 911 Turbo

On this week’s “Monday is for M“, watch an 850-horsepower BMW X6 M fight two formidable opponents: in one corner, a 680-horsepower BMW M6 with a PP-Performance Stage 2 tune; in the other corner, a Porsche 997 Turbo with 1,200 horsepower. Hey, there’s nothing that says these Dragtimes races have to be among equals. These […] More »

By: | March 3, 2014

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 103
  4. 104
  5. 105
  6. ...
  7. 151