Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

Sun shade, which one to choose: roll up or folding?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 03:57 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW M3 E46 complete stock 2004
Model Year: M3 2004
Default Sun shade, which one to choose: roll up or folding?

We have a lot of serious performance parts and products for BMW's, but looks like it's the right time to talk about one other silly but very useful accessory.

It's summer and in some places it's getting so hot that you can cook your lunch on the roof of a car. Interior extremely warms up and few minutes before a cool air from AC gets in last for ever.

Here are the results of some researches that I found online:

A car sun shade will help you to avoid overheating of interior and protect it from fading. Intro-tech is a manufacturer of custom sun shades for cars and trucks. Their products have very attractive pricing and reliable quality proven with many years of our partnership. You can read more about this manufacturer here.

There are two common types of sun shades: Roll up and folding.

Both options come in a custom size to fit under the windshield of your BMW.
Common colors are Silver and Gold as they reflect the heath and UV rays in the best way.

Intro-Tech® - Ultimate Reflector™ Custom Folding Auto Shade

Intro-Tech® - Custom Auto Shade™

You can also look up the full list of Sun shades for your model of BMW on this page: BMW 5-Series Windshield Sun Shades - CARiD.com

Share your experience and tell which type is more convenient in everyday usage?

1. Folding sun shade

or

2. Roll up sun shade

Leave your comments and inquiries in the comments below!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:02 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 535i M Sport
Model Year: 2010

I was just looking into a new sun screen for my car. Mine's pretty old and starting to show it's age. It also doesn't fit right, since I originally bought it from Walmart for my Jaguar X-type. I'd like to find one that fits better and will cover up the entire window to keep as much sun out as possible.

I think I like the idea of fold-up better. I want something stiffer for the long haul and I'm afraid that the roll-up kind just wouldn't last long before falling down. Then again, I've never had one.

I've tinted the windows and even thought about getting the windshield tinted with the new almost clear stuff they have now, but not until I can get rid of the TX inspection sticker (they just got rid of it this year) and I won't have it interfering with the tint. This Texas heat is just terrible on the interior of the car and a real bitch on the hands when the steering wheel isn't shaded.

Has anyone seen the Sonniboy sun shades for our car? It looks like they are a custom fit for the side and rear windows and look like they'd help quite a bit too.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:13 AM
New Members

My Ride: 528i - Everything but Comfort Access & MTech
Model Year: 2009

^ Static cling vinyl works great on those inspection stickers. Holds for quite awhile and you can remove and re-position at will.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:19 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2005

OEM fold up one does a great job. Buy it off ebay.