Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

Acute Performance | Complete Brake Packages for E60

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a 2005 545 sport Package, is it different than the first package above?
Old 10-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

Hey Michael, can you comment on the longevity of these brake rotors and pads compared to the stock set up? I know it all depends on driving style, but just wondering if you or anyone else knew the answer to that question. Also, would it be advisable to change the break lines as well or no?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

No it is not.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
For a 2005 545 sport Package, is it different than the first package above?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Former Vendor

Honestly, I don't know because it really does depend. I'd say for the avg driver you're looking at about the same when compared to OE but again I can't say for certain so please don't hold me to it.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by houbmw
Hey Michael, can you comment on the longevity of these brake rotors and pads compared to the stock set up? I know it all depends on driving style, but just wondering if you or anyone else knew the answer to that question. Also, would it be advisable to change the break lines as well or no?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Members

Mike - can you PM me prices for the xi if available - 2007 530xi. I would also like the price for the "premium" set (both front and rear). Also can you get a me prices on some tires packages for the wheels I ordered from you. I currently have the Ecsta but would like to go up a little bit in quality (without breaking the bank). Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Members

Interested to know what the difference is for the Premium Package vs. Performance Package.

Looking for quote for 545i.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Former Vendor

Premium uses different grade casting material and method to prevent rust. It's more geared those who will be putting constant stress on their rotors from rapid braking. Of course, there are those who want the best and run it primarily for street.

I will shoot you a PM w/ premium pricing.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 10-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Premium uses different grade casting material and method to prevent rust. It's more geared those who will be putting constant stress on their rotors from rapid braking. Of course, there are those who want the best and run it primarily for street.

I will shoot you a PM w/ premium pricing.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Also shoot me a price for the premium one too Michael
Old 10-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Installed:

- Premium R1 Concept Eline Drilled & Slotted F&R
- Hawk HPS Pads F&R

The Premium D/S rotors were coated entirely in black zinc to prevent rust. The coating will come off only where the brake pads contact the rotors. Thus leaving the center, drilled holes and slotted lines black. It looks nice

One advice: be mindful to bed the brakes immediately. Initially, you will experience some MAJOR squealing/squeaking (at least for me), but once zinc coating gets burned off from bedding the noise will go away. My friend and I were seriously shocked how loud the squealing was from the first few brake pumps and stopped the car to re-check everything. Bedding solved the problem. Few 60-10mph hard stops without fulling stopping for about 6x we did.

Cannot be any happier with the price/fast shipping/prompt communication from Michael. Thanks again Michael, you are the man!

Purchase with confidence!!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks Jason.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Quick Reply: Acute Performance | Complete Brake Packages for E60