Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

Looking for Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 09:48 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008
Engine: n54

Let me know if you see any imperfections.

My final verdict is: Customer service is POOR with Avant Garde. I'll be making a post when I get a chance to. What basically happened is this: The customer service guy never got back to me directly, and it took more than a week. He contacted the reseller only after I cc'ed him on another email saying it's been 8 days since I last emailed with no response.

Their solution was: I pay to ship the wheel(s) back for inspection, and if they *think* it is not caused by user installation/abuse, then they would send me a replacement, and I pay to ship them back. I sent them pretty high res pictures from my phone, that should be enough in my opinion. I also asked them if they would recommend ANY shop in Boston, MA that I could take them to in order to get them inspected to save the hassle. Their response was the only way was to ship them back. So... if I have to pay ~$80 to get the tires off... then let's just say ~$80-100 to ship them to CA. Another $80-$100 to ship them back, and then another ~$80 to mount and balance them.. I'm out $360 on a set of wheels that cost me $1150 shipped. That's *If* I don't get screwed and they say that's normal wear and tear. Personally I think that's ridiculous!

The last set of wheel I got for my Subaru a year ago had some paint defects. I bought them from DiscountTireDirect, which of course is a larger store. I sent them pictures of the wheels only, and they sent me new ones, return labels to pay to return the defective wheels.. AND they gave me a $60 gift card for my cost to remount the wheels from the defective ones to the new ones. THAT'S customer service.

I'm fairly disappointed with Avant Garde in this aspect that they are basically making it not worth my time to even go through with the inspection of these wheels!