To the Mods, respectfully...... - 5Series.net - Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2014, 06:19 AM   #1
Contributors

Default To the Mods, respectfully......

Dear Mods....
Don't you think this site needs cleaning up? Many of the posts are just so old and there is so much repetition in more recent posts.
Is the site just suffering from the competition as well as an almost total lack of interest?
You guys need to do something here to jazz things up quickly or it is going to continue to die a slow death.
For the most part, I have enjoyed the site over the years, but this year it has been on a precipitously steep downward slide.
Respectfully,
1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:46 AM   #2
IB Staff

Hi!

Thank you for the comments! . We are not seeing a continuous steep decline in traffic but rather a slower change primarily do to members changing cars and moving on. I would appreciate specific suggestions that we can implement to improve your community experience and help with retention.

Bob
speedlimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:53 AM   #3
Contributors

Default to Bob

Bob, one thing for sure that could be done is editing the misplaced posts. The e60 M5 section, for instance, has several misplaced posts. Unfortunately, there are other sections with the same problem. This is one of the ways to begin cleaning and dusting around here.
Good luck,
Lee
1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:17 AM   #4
IB Staff

Hey Lee!

Thank you for that, it's very difficult for any one person to read every post and members can help by reporting posts that are in the wrong section. The mods will review and get them to the correct forum, Thanks!

Bob
Old 11-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1600 View Post
Bob, one thing for sure that could be done is editing the misplaced posts. The e60 M5 section, for instance, has several misplaced posts. Unfortunately, there are other sections with the same problem. This is one of the ways to begin cleaning and dusting around here.
Good luck,
Lee
Why don't you volunteer to be a moderator? It looks like they could use the help. You seem to be a frequent contributor, much more so than the moderators who responded to you.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
IB Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayarras View Post
Why don't you volunteer to be a moderator? It looks like they could use the help. You seem to be a frequent contributor, much more so than the moderators who responded to you.

Hi!

Good point and we would be happy to consider other long term community members who would like to help. If anyone is interested, kindly PM me. Thank you!

Bob