Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Winter Wheels and Tires 8x17 $300 (MD)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:58 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Default Winter Wheels and Tires 8x17 -- SOLD

This is a set of winter wheels and tires used sparingly for two years on my BMW when I felt the weather was too cold for Pilot Super Sports. I have since sold the car. The offset and size of these tires mean they would be perfectly suitable for a 5 series BMW. They would be most suitable for a E34 (1988-1996) or E60 (2003-2010) 5 series BMW. The wheels are German made Alutec 8 x 17 alloy wheels with BMW center caps (see: Homepage - ALUTEC Leichtmetallfelgen). Alutec wheels are quality products and rarely seen in the US because I don't think they are directly sold here. The wheels are almost perfect with no curbing, except for a small scratch on one. The wheels ride on a set of Dunlop Winter Sport M3 M and S 225/50 R17. The offset for all four wheels is 20. The tires have plenty of tread left. I have taken tread depth measurements and they range from 5.5 - 6.8.

If you are concerned whether they fit your car, I will happily test fit one or two of the wheels to your car so you check fitment.

Please direct message with any inquires.

***SOLD
Local pick up only (Maryland).
Attached Thumbnails Winter Wheels and Tires 8x17 0 (MD)-img_7007.jpg   Winter Wheels and Tires 8x17 0 (MD)-img_7008.jpg   Winter Wheels and Tires 8x17 0 (MD)-img_7009.jpg   Winter Wheels and Tires 8x17 0 (MD)-img_7010.jpg   Winter Wheels and Tires 8x17 0 (MD)-img_7013.jpg  

Winter Wheels and Tires 8x17 0 (MD)-img_7014.jpg  

Last edited by mcaden; 10-29-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

It might be helpful if you told us exactly what model and year "5 Series BMW" you owned, because the offsets differ on different models. Some of the information you provide is incorrect, because E39 wheels are not compatible with E60 and F10 cars.

It would be even better if you could research and tell us what the actual offsets of the wheels are.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:59 AM
New Members

@JayArras: Thanks for your response to my post. I only suggested it might fit an E39, but I am aware the recommended offset and size is different (note: recommended offset for E39 8x17 wheels is 25, which is not all that different and hence my comment that it might fit). I am posting a link to the recommended wheels sizes that should provide clarity and make clear that, 8x17 and ET 20 (offset) is the correct sizing for the E34 and E60 series. As I also stated, I am happy to have any way to try test fitment before purchasing.

See: Bmw Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct
Old 10-24-2016, 07:50 AM
Administrator

You still haven't told us the year and model of the BMW you sold.

Offset is not the only spec you have to worry about with E39 wheels. The E39 center bore is larger, so correctly-speced E60 wheels will NOT fit over the E39 hub.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:15 AM
New Members

@jayarras: Thanks for your continued interest in my winter wheels and tires combination. Thanks also for clarifying about E39 fitment - which it sounds like may not be possible. However, I assume you agree that based on the wheel size 8x17 and offset ET20 that these wheels will properly fit an E60 and E34 5 series.

I am a long time BMWCCA member and not a parts purveyor. I own multiple BMWs including a 1973 2002, Z4 M Coupe, and others. My belief with wheels in general is that actually fitting the wheels to the car is always the best test and that is why I offered to fit them to any interested buyers vehicle. The wheels are stamped 8x17 and ET20 which is listed as correct for the E60 and E34.

My sold vehicle was an 2005 E46 M3. The recommended offset for an E46 M3 is different than these wheels provided... but that is what the previous owner used them for and I did as well. I did a test fit and it was good enough given very limited winter use in my area. Because of the offset, they were more aggressive in the front and I was fine with that. I used them two seasons and probably 2-3 months each season.

I have priced them very reasonably because I would like to clear up some space in my basement and let someone else put them to good use. The wheels are in very nice condition and present well.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:56 AM
Administrator

I appreciate the clarification. As this forum's moderator, I am just trying to make sure that posters provide as much information as possible so that buyers can make informed decisions, helping both you and them.

Be aware that members on this board are from all over the world, so interested buyers may not necessarily be local to Maryland, and hence be unable to "try your wheels on for size". Your set is very attractively priced, so you may garner interest from outside of your area.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:19 AM
New Members

@jayarras: Thanks for your response - As indicated, I am only doing local pick up, so anyone who buys these wheels will be able to try them on for fitment. In my prior post, I asked whether you agree that ET 20 and 8x17 wheels would be appropriate for an E60 or E34 5 series as is indicated on the fitment chart I provided and you did not provide a response. If you do agree that size and offset is appropriate, it might be helpful for you to provide that information so that buyers can be so informed.

Again many thanks to your and 5 series net community. This is a great set of wheels and as they say on Game of Thrones - Winter is Coming!
Old 10-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mcaden
In my prior post, I asked whether you agree that ET 20 and 8x17 wheels would be appropriate for an E60 or E34 5 series as is indicated on the fitment chart I provided and you did not provide a response. If you do agree that size and offset is appropriate, it might be helpful for you to provide that information so that buyers can be so informed.
I am not the seller, so that is not for me to speculate on whether what you have will fit a particular application.. As mentioned prior, you cannot generically say "E60 fitment" because fitment depends on the model in question. The chart you provided appears to be incomplete because it does not include xi offsets.

I wish you the best of luck with your local sale.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:52 AM
New Members

Sold