Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 HiFi Full harness set

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by Technic
This is exactly what the kit includes as shown in the first post of this thread:

No LOC as this harness kit is to upgrade the complete HiFi system.

You may be thinking about this to add a trunk sub to the OEM amp: https://5series.net/forums/topic/998...-built-in-loc/
I will actually be doing both. I am going to install Rainbow w200 xplain 8" under my seats to be run with my 4" SLC components (front stage) & 4" SLX comps (rear deck). I have an Alpine PDX-5 amp that I want to use to push all of these cabin speakers. Obviously the 8" speakers would have to be run parallel if I go this route. The catch is that I also want to add a 12" sub and amp to the trunk. Probably a JL Audio sub with a PDX 600w mono amp. Based on this setup which of your harness kits do I need? Also will there be an issue with sound with the midbass 8" being run parallel? Also would I just need a simple LOC or a clean sweep or digital processor? Thanks for your help and I would like to purchase the harness as soon as I can.
Nate
Old 07-12-2012, 04:13 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by infin8
I will actually be doing both. I am going to install Rainbow w200 xplain 8" under my seats to be run with my 4" SLC components (front stage) & 4" SLX comps (rear deck). I have an Alpine PDX-5 amp that I want to use to push all of these cabin speakers. Obviously the 8" speakers would have to be run parallel if I go this route. The catch is that I also want to add a 12" sub and amp to the trunk. Probably a JL Audio sub with a PDX 600w mono amp. Based on this setup which of your harness kits do I need? Also will there be an issue with sound with the midbass 8" being run parallel? Also would I just need a simple LOC or a clean sweep or digital processor? Thanks for your help and I would like to purchase the harness as soon as I can.
Nate
You will need a summing processor, something like a MS-8 or a bit one. It will sum the current high/low pass signals, de-EQ and convert them into low level, full range, flat analog signals for your PDX-5. Then you can create your own EQ curve with the processor.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 AM
New Members

1 Question...
Is there any service requirement (which have to be reset by BMW authorized dealer) or OEM "CODE" input requirement, after we disconnect the harness behind the head unit?
My system is Hifi system, single CD slot head unit which can read MP3, 6.5" monitor, no Navi, no voice input, no telephone.

Thankyou...
Old 08-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Members

I would like to purchase one of these harnesses. I'm based in the UK.

Can you send me details of cost and method of payment.

Many thanks.

Can you send me details via PM?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nataponr
1 Question...
Is there any service requirement (which have to be reset by BMW authorized dealer) or OEM "CODE" input requirement, after we disconnect the harness behind the head unit?
My system is Hifi system, single CD slot head unit which can read MP3, 6.5" monitor, no Navi, no voice input, no telephone.

Thankyou...
No, this is a hardware add-on. It only extends the existing OEM wires to the trunk.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Chris_911

Many thanks.

Please use PM...
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Chris_911

Many thanks.

Did you manage to get sorted? I am also in the UK and might be over in the US next week - might be able to bring back some cables if you havent yet agreed or got shipment sorted.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Contributors

Please use PM...
Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Technic
Please use PM...
I should have PMed him but didnt get around to it and im only in the US for another few days. Might need to get a cable myself but will either have it shipped or just wait till next time I am back.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Members

Technic. Still sell the harness? I pmed u but no answer please email me hautran1981@gmail.com

Quick Reply: FS: E60 HiFi Full harness set