Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

BM Technic cable and thumbdrive

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:19 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Default BM Technic cable and thumbdrive

Never used - I was lucky and sold my car before I needed it! Brand new, never used BM Terchnic cable and thumb drive. I was going to buy a laptop to use it, but never did. Throw me a offer - not sure what its worth seeing that they are no longer around.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:35 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Which cable is this?
Black cable for cars manufactured up to 3/2007
or
White cable for cars manufactured after 3/2007
Old 01-08-2015, 09:39 AM
New Members

Default Still available.

Cleaned my desk and found that I still have it. Never used it - came with a stick drive as well as the cable. I had a 2004 530i that I sold back in August, never needed to use it. Anyone interested?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Anyone who wants to get into coding, this is by far the best product I've ever come across. I have one too; the software interface is super easy to use, all of the programs are on the thumbdrive. You need to have an XP based laptop with lots of RAM to run everything. I highly recommend this. I have no affiliation with the seller or BM Technic.

GLWS
Old 01-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by KyleB
Anyone who wants to get into coding, this is by far the best product I've ever come across. I have one too; the software interface is super easy to use, all of the programs are on the thumbdrive. You need to have an XP based laptop with lots of RAM to run everything. I highly recommend this. I have no affiliation with the seller or BM Technic.

GLWS
OP / KyleB

Is this only for coding? What other functions does it serve? I am interested. Will it work on Windows 7 64bit?
Old 01-10-2015, 05:19 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i
OP / KyleB

Is this only for coding? What other functions does it serve? I am interested. Will it work on Windows 7 64bit?
It comes with the entire BMW Standard Tools software suite. Literally, you can do anything that is done at the dealer level; diagnostics, coding modules, etc. You get INPA, Winkfp, SSS Progman, NCSExpert, etc. ALL of it.

The software works with Windows XP. I have heard of people using an XP emulator. My recommendation is to just buy a cheap XP based laptop from ebay with at least a 2GB of RAM. They can be had for $100 these days.

The thing that made BM Technics package so nice is that they really made an effort to make it 'plug and play'. You install the software from the thumbdrive, plug in the cable, and go. The only caveat I remember reading is that the software can only be installed from the thumbdrive ONCE. Whether or not that's actually true I don't know as I never tried to install it but for the one time.

Don't mean to hijack your FS thread OP, but to anyone out there this is a really nice product. It's a shame theyre not around any longer.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:37 PM
New Members

Default Thanks for the bump

No worries - thanks for the bump! At the time I bought it, I remember the guys on the m3 forums thinking it was pretty good. I think you can down load it a couple times from the thumbdrive to a laptop.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:02 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 2010 E61N 520d

Hello buddy how much do you want for it and will you ship to the UK? I already have this software on my older laptop running Win 7 Pro and it works great but my daughter uses that so I want to get a standalone for all of my cars diag software. I would just buy again from BMTechnic but they no longer trade and I can't use the program key again or get a new one.

Will this definitely load and install properly as I had to connect to the net to install mine, and with them gone not sure if it still works.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w/Sport, Premium, Cold weather. Silver Gray Metallic, Black Dakota leather interior.

I'm posting just to add some clarity for OP/Kyle. There are some caveats with this. There were three versions. The first was on Dvd. The second was called version 1 and the third version 2. Version 1 and 2 came on usb or downloadable. The last two also required an activatiode code that was emailed plus during install it would check with bmtechnic servers for validation. The company is indeed gone bust and with it those servers, so the installs fail. The Dvd version doesn't have this problem. I didn't mean to kill this thread as it is a great package, I have it myself. GLWS
Old 01-16-2015, 04:02 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wcr3d
I'm posting just to add some clarity for OP/Kyle. There are some caveats with this. There were three versions. The first was on Dvd. The second was called version 1 and the third version 2. Version 1 and 2 came on usb or downloadable. The last two also required an activatiode code that was emailed plus during install it would check with bmtechnic servers for validation. The company is indeed gone bust and with it those servers, so the installs fail. The Dvd version doesn't have this problem. I didn't mean to kill this thread as it is a great package, I have it myself. GLWS
You do need an activation code for the USB version that was emailed, but I didn't need any internet connection to install it. The laptop I installed it on literally does not have an internet connection, and I had no issues installing it. As long as OP has the activation code, you should be OK installing it.

Quick Reply: BM Technic cable and thumbdrive