Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

My 1-series experience with a 120d

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Well my car is in at the dealership to get new software and wood on the lowerpart of the dashboard.

As a loaner I have a 120d (163 hp diesel). Since this car is the size of a VW Golf and doesn't way that much it is a pocket rocket. I have to say I am impressed by the build quality and loads of parts are also used in our E60's (blinker handles, lights in the roof for the sunvisor mirror).

The car drives really good and feels like a bigger car stability wise. It only has 1400 kms on the odo but the engine feels very alive and has massive torque. Only thing that would irritate me if I would own the car are the amount of rattles and squicks coming from the rearbench.

The car feels very alive in turns and steers light and very direct. On the highway doing a 100 km/h will result in 1600 rpm. The car has six manual gears and even in 6th gear going from a 100 to 140 km/h the car pulls hard.

I really like it a lot. The price is hughe for such a small car (around 38.000 euros for the 120d with the leather and other options).

If you have a chance to take it for a testdrive I would suggest you certainly try it out. You will be impressed by the little one!

Anyway, overall it is a nice experience and I didn't feel bad my car wasn't ready today so I have to drive it all day tomorrow too.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Another note..

The car I have is full options (only no nav) it also has a lightpackage and the cool thing is that the doorhandles have small leds underneath that light up when you open de door.. Very, very cool. It lights up the floor and the whole side of the car is lit by these 4 leds in the doorhandles.. Very nice and a pity that the 5 series doesn't have those leds in the doors (only in the mirrors).
Old 10-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

38,000 euros ?! that's too much ! it's about the same as a 3. 25,000 is more like it <_<.

so since you enjoyed it so much, are you going to give your car to your wife and buy this one for yourself ?
Old 10-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Contributors

Too much money for a 1 series.. I wanna buy here a Mini to be honest..

But I like it.. I wouldn't mind driving it..
Old 10-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Senior Members

mini is nice and i think the convertible is very cool . looks better than beetle .
Old 10-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The 1 series rocks!
The guys at VW are allready crying...
If I would need a car in this size/segment I would gladly buy it!
Old 10-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Me too.. I would buy that car without thinking..
Old 10-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Oct 26 2004, 08:41 AM
Me too.. I would buy that car without thinking..
[snapback]49572[/snapback]
i think i'll get a new 3 if that's 38k euros :'(.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

But if you would live in Europe and allready have a 5 you would take the 1 as your second "city" car...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Oct 26 2004, 08:23 PM
But if you would live in Europe and allready have a 5 you would take the 1 as your second "city" car...?
[snapback]49817[/snapback]
but it has to be a "city" car only just because it won't be able to keep up w/the big boys :'(.

Quick Reply: My 1-series experience with a 120d