New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New Owner 2009 535i Aspen White

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 08:35 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Au
Default New Owner 2009 535i Aspen White

Hey Guys,

New owner here. I picked up my car 2 weeks ago from a friend, it's a 2009 535i Sport White/Black 48k miles. I've already done the CIC upgrade and will be doing downpipes and a JB4 this weekend! Previous owner installed the M5 suade headliner which really makes the interior a perfect place to be!

I am making the transition from a 2000 323i, so it is quite an upgrade.

This forum was a great help prior to purchasing the car, I learned so much about the car before I even owned it, that I was already purchasing mods!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:42 PM
New Members

My Ride: 550i

Congrats! Looking good.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

NICE! Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

wow

that is nice! may i ask you what you paid for it?

i would suggest getting m5 bumpers and exhaust and either some m5 or m6 wheels and some nice aftermarket

then it will look great and will be as fast if not faster than the m5, at least in the city, with so much torque in the jb4 535i
Old 12-06-2014, 02:38 PM
New Members

I paid $25,500 private party, really a good deal in my mind, since the car hasn't lost 61% of it's usefullness or quality since new.

If anything, I will probably do the M-Sport bumpers and side skirts. I'm not trying to make the car look like something it isn't, I want it to be a subtle, fast, comfortable sedan. So JB4 + Downpipes on stock exhaust fits that goal well.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Looks great. Pretty cool that you did the CIC upgrade and the PO did the suede headliner. I was thinking of doing the CIC upgrade but decided not to. I'll probably see you on the road some time since I work in Santana Row.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:33 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Looks great. Pretty cool that you did the CIC upgrade and the PO did the suede headliner. I was thinking of doing the CIC upgrade but decided not to. I'll probably see you on the road some time since I work in Santana Row.
Awesome to hear you are local! I'll keep an eye out, shouldn't be hard to spot your car, looks fantastic! You are probably more likely to see me in my other car though!

I would highly recommend the CIC upgrade. I got mine from Navipro on eBay, came pre-coded and activated to the car, so it was direct plug and play, and doesn't require the small CAN-adapter to work. The screen I received had a failed backlight, however I was able to swap the TFT assembly between the CCC 8.8" screen and the CIC 8.8" screen and it worked perfectly. Still waiting to get a replacement from the seller though. I ordered the reverse camera retrofit parts, so I will be installing those in the next week or so when they get here, really something the car should have come with.

I haven't read much about anyone retrofitting the ACC2 cruise control. I am planning to put it into the car since it is one of the really fantastic driver assist features you can get.

Anyone know where to get pre-painted front/rear reflectors for the bumpers? I would love to remove them since they really stand out on the white.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by BenSTI
I paid $25,500 private party, really a good deal in my mind, since the car hasn't lost 61% of it's usefullness or quality since new.

If anything, I will probably do the M-Sport bumpers and side skirts. I'm not trying to make the car look like something it isn't, I want it to be a subtle, fast, comfortable sedan. So JB4 + Downpipes on stock exhaust fits that goal well.
i am not saying to make it look like an m5, with m5 badging

it's just that the m5/m-tech bumpers make the car look much more modern and of all the e60s, yours deserves it the most since you have done such high dollar upgrades on it,

and i was saying that after u get the m-tech/m5 kit, jb4 will back up the looks with some power!

do you have the sport trans and steering wheel mounted paddles?
Old 12-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

Congrats nice pick up
Old 12-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White 2010 535 M-Sport

Welcome and great looking e60. Really like the M5 headliner. Haven't thought about that. If you haven't done this yet, look into upgrading all the interior lights to LEDs (license plate too). The "white" light on the interior and plates really sets it off on the AW cars IMO.

I have the M-sport and love the M front/rear covers and skirts...so I vote for those as well.

When my CPO is up, a JB4 and downpipes will be on order.
Good luck

Quick Reply: New Owner 2009 535i Aspen White