New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New Member Auf Deutschland

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 01:01 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535ix wagon
Default New Member Auf Deutschland

Guten Tag auf Deutschland.

Hey I'm Chris and I live in Germany. I'm military and have been here for the past few years. I've developed a strong affection for German beer, and I kinda also like BMW's. Specifically BMW M5 Touring Wagons. Since I can't have that in the states I 'settled' for a 535xi Wagon. I recently had a 2008 White 6MT 535 wagon pass through my fingers, which initially sparked my interest. Finding 5series.net only perpetuated my desire to find another. I found one today but it is a tad bit further, in Chicago IL.

I'm not new to the car scene, and this will be my second BMW. I previously owned a Eurospec E39 M Paket, which i sold for my current JCW Mini Cooper. Before College I was a diehard Subaru fan and owned an Impreza L wagon, with the fully swapped STi Drive train. AWD runs in my blood i guess.

Today it seems I closed on a 2008 535xi wagon (black) and hopefully I (my power of attorney) will take delivery next week /endsqueal. Since I live in the land of speed, and nearly every eurospec 5series comes with the M-Paket, a Schwartz black M-Type bumper was easy to find as well as a set of F11 M5 Wheels.

I paid a very average price of $17,5XX with 78,XXX miles. It does have the heated sport steering wheel, Technology package, cold weather/sport package, and Premium package. Whatever that means. I'm new to what i'm getting so any input/tips/suggestions prior to payment would be appreciated.

Also If anyone in Chicagoland is willing to do a enthusiasts pre-purchase inspection, there's a case of German beer in it for you

Thanks for the endless resource of knowledge. As a peace offering, if anyone finds stuff on ebay.de you can utilize my address as a 3rd party. Hope that breaks the ice.

-Regards,
Chris
Old 06-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

to the forum, Chris! We're glad you decided to join. Do you plan on being in Germany for awhile or are you returning stateside? Just confused how Chicago fits in.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:36 PM
New Members

Sorry, I should have clarified. I'm staying in Germany for the next few years. Chicago fits in because thats the location of the dealer i'm buying from. To find a US spec wagon in Europe is impossible. Once i buy the car, i'll have it shipped to me here in Germany.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Wow! Then you have all of those folks who are ordering their Bimmers for European delivery. Crazy!

How much does shipping from the U.S. add to the cost?
Old 06-17-2015, 05:14 PM
New Members

Shipping is the problem. Crazy as it sounds, it costs as much for me to have the dealership ship the car to my State of Record (North Carolina) $850, as much as it costs to have it shipped from Virginia Beach (my closet port facility) to Bremerhaven Germany ($800).

I just bought my dad a one way ticket from Charlotte Intl' to Chicago, and he'll drive it back. Shipping was crazy expensive. I mean International I understand, but 4 states away....come on.

There was always the option of just keeping it in the states and wait to drive it when i get back in about a year, but the allure of driving it on the autobahn and the Nurburgring is just too much.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

hi bumga