New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New to BMW and already in need of help 😪

Old 08-29-2016, 03:09 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 550i
Default New to BMW and already in need of help 😪

Hey I'll start with saying I'm new to the BMW family and to this forum. I have been looking at this forum for abouta week so I apologize if I didn't catch one with the solution I need. I recently bought a 2007 550i and a few lights have come on in the past couple days.

1. It started on my way from San Diego to LA this weekend. On the highway the "Driving Control System failure" light along with the "Brake" service light. I took an exit and turned my car off for a period of time and turned it back on and didn't see the light till later that night omw back home from LA. When I got home I turned the car off and haven't seen the lights again since.

2. This morning omw to work I got a tire pressure warning tellin me my tire was low or flat in the front passenger side. I get out to look and everything is fine.. I checked psi for all of the tires and they're all the same.
(P.S. While in LA I hit a curb on front passenger side and bumped the bottom of my bumper tire so there is a small gash on the tire wall I might have cause, but no leaking air.)

3. Omw home from work today I got a "Parking Assist" failure notification on iDrive but have never had a problem with parking assist before... It ended up working again when I got home.

It seems these problems are all intermittent and all took place within a short timeframe, so this leads me to believe that this is an electrical problem. Any suggestions?

I also have an appointment for inspection with BMW on Thursday to map out all problems the dealer didn't catch or let me know about. Thank you in advance for the help.