Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

My New Diet!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aresh: The SuperPump 250 gives me a ton of energy and mental focus. On non workout days I take it before work and I am super productive. I find myself talking very quickly, but I am not mumbling. My brain is spot on, I am able to articulate very well and think very quickly. I already have a fairly high IQ, the extra energy and mental focus allows me to utilize my brain in such a way that I normally wouldnt because frankly, I am lazy. Everything else I take helps facilitate certian processes, such as muscle growth, protien synthasis, recovery, etc.

V: I appreciate your concern. Your reccomendations are healthy, but I am an attention whore and it is almost beach season. I figure I am only going to live till about 35 anyway. If done correctly, you can come off of cycles of suppliments and keep the majority of what you gained. The guys that were big back in the day either took steriods or it took them 10 years to get big drinking raw eggs and eating steak (which we now know is bad for you). Honestly, eating out a few times a week can be much worse for you then supplimenting. McDonalds french fries have dozens of chemicals and contains beef extract. If you are a vegitarian and have been eating mcdonalds fries, SUPRISE (not directed at Vlad)

Also, you sound like my mom -and no mom jokes

AWG: your diet is pretty good. I can ASSURE you that my body does not see ANY trans fat. My saturated fat only comes in the form of Polyunsaturated and monosaturated fats, from the PB. The BBQ sauce is a must because it makes otherwise unedible foods edible IMO. Fortunately I am taking in very little fat when I am eating my only sugar intake.

I dont really need to pick apart your diet. You even have it down to eating white bread after a workout, which is important because those carbs do digest faster as you mentioned, and it replenishes your body quiker when it is depleted. MOST people do not know this. so Only thing I would do is ensure all of the "sugar-free" stuff is sweetened (if sweet at all) with splenda and not aspertame (sp?). It is nice to see someone from the midwest taking care of themselves. according to daniel tosh, you guys only eat fried mayonaise balls.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Contributors

I wanted to share something with you that I think about when occasionally contemplating cheating, and it always helps me get through:

EATING IS A FUNCTION OF LIVING. YOU SHOULD EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT.

NOW: I lied earlier, I do make exceptions. Sunday morning I go to a sushi brunch and eat a TON of nigiri and a some rolls- ONLY if I was good and worked out MON-SAT and didnt deviate from my diet.

If I go on a date, obviously I am going to eat. I will just be cautious of what I order from the menu, and personally I wont date someone who doesn't have at least an understanding of my passion for fitness. There are plenty of healthy resturants that I am very familiar with that I can order off the menu without questions.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by CWS530
Just take some steroids. Then you really will be able to terrorize the elderly with roid/road rage Smoothie assaults.
GET SWOLL!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
AWG: your diet is pretty good. I can ASSURE you that my body does not see ANY trans fat. My saturated fat only comes in the form of Polyunsaturated and monosaturated fats, from the PB. The BBQ sauce is a must because it makes otherwise unedible foods edible IMO. Fortunately I am taking in very little fat when I am eating my only sugar intake.

I dont really need to pick apart your diet. You even have it down to eating white bread after a workout, which is important because those carbs do digest faster as you mentioned, and it replenishes your body quiker when it is depleted. MOST people do not know this. so Only thing I would do is ensure all of the "sugar-free" stuff is sweetened (if sweet at all) with splenda and not aspertame (sp?). It is nice to see someone from the midwest taking care of themselves. according to daniel tosh, you guys only eat fried mayonaise balls.
yea all the sugar free stuff i have is splenda. Have you had the seedless, sugarless strawberry jelly? Its amazing and sweetened with splenda.

Aspertane is the poop in diet pop and not good for you.

As for drinking I had a nutritionist tell me that Bacardi is the only alcohol that DOESNT spike insulin. You will take in about 130 calories from a drink with Bacardi but it wont spike your insulin which is huge. After eating healthy and not drinking for a long period of time i can get pretty wasted on 2 drinks. 260 calories will be burned off throughout the night dancing and just being awake. So im allowing myself to drink about once a month as well.

I wanted to share something with you that I think about when occasionally contemplating cheating, and it always helps me get through:

EATING IS A FUNCTION OF LIVING. YOU SHOULD EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT.

NOW: I lied earlier, I do make exceptions. Sunday morning I go to a sushi brunch and eat a TON of nigiri and a some rolls- ONLY if I was good and worked out MON-SAT and didnt deviate from my diet.

If I go on a date, obviously I am going to eat. I will just be cautious of what I order from the menu, and personally I wont date someone who doesn't have at least an understanding of my passion for fitness. There are plenty of healthy resturants that I am very familiar with that I can order off the menu without questions.
I think for me its about controlling urges and demonstrating will power. Not everyone eats healthy so i like to test myself sometimes. Just last night i had a friend close on his first house so I went over there for drinks and food. I knew i wasnt going to eat there because it was going to be pizza. So i ate before i went. I will admit i looked at the pizza and wanted to have some but i knew i could resist it.

Its easy to eat good when im at home and have my prepared meals. The real test is when your out at dinner, at friends, at parents, etc. Football season is a killer too. People always grilling out, going to games, snack foods, BEER, etc.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by CWS530
Just take some steroids. Then you really will be able to terrorize the elderly with roid/road rage Smoothie assaults.
LMAO
Old 03-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

MICHI'S LADDER
/thread

revive the p90x thread!!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

V: I appreciate your concern. Your reccomendations are healthy, but I am an attention whore and it is almost beach season. I figure I am only going to live till about 35 anyway. If done correctly, you can come off of cycles of suppliments and keep the majority of what you gained. The guys that were big back in the day either took steriods or it took them 10 years to get big drinking raw eggs and eating steak (which we now know is bad for you). Honestly, eating out a few times a week can be much worse for you then supplimenting. McDonalds french fries have dozens of chemicals and contains beef extract. If you are a vegitarian and have been eating mcdonalds fries, SUPRISE (not directed at Vlad)

Also, you sound like my mom -and no mom jokes
Life goes by so fast. Before you know it, you will be 35 and want to live. It seems like yesterday when I was your age. Now I'm pushing 40. God willing, you'll live to be a whole lot older than 35.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

roid raged smoothie assaults sounds funny... Id LOVE to see that..

seriously though, be careful.. and good luck..
Old 03-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: alpinewhite's ride

Craig, your diet looks pretty good. How is the GNC protein? Hope you get big gains and best of luck! EAT SLEEP TRAIN

My diet:

wake up: ON Whey
Breakfast: 4 eggs and 2 slices of wheat bread
Preworkout: NO shotgun + BCAA
Intraworkout: Intrabolic + BCAA
PWO: ON Whey + BCAA
Lunch: steak/chicken/salad with brown rice
Mid-afternoon: Gaspari Myofusion
5p-ish: Yogurt
Dinner around 7: Steak/Chicken with veggies
Bedtime: ON Casein
Before I sleep: ZMA

-- I take multi-V, glucosamine, fish oil, and CLA during the day. Trying to incorporate fruit into diet. Maybe an apple at breakfast?

Here is a pic of my supp stash (I have more in my room)
Old 03-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John@EuroRev
Craig, your diet looks pretty good. How is the GNC protein? Hope you get big gains and best of luck! EAT SLEEP TRAIN

My diet:

wake up: ON Whey
Breakfast: 4 eggs and 2 slices of wheat bread
Preworkout: NO shotgun + BCAA
Intraworkout: Intrabolic + BCAA
PWO: ON Whey + BCAA
Lunch: steak/chicken/salad with brown rice
Mid-afternoon: Gaspari Myofusion
5p-ish: Yogurt
Dinner around 7: Steak/Chicken with veggies
Bedtime: ON Casein
Before I sleep: ZMA

-- I take multi-V, glucosamine, fish oil, and CLA during the day. Trying to incorporate fruit into diet. Maybe an apple at breakfast?

Here is a pic of my supp stash (I have more in my room)
Oh Lord John. I first thought it was a picture of the GNC window shop. You must have one hell of a built beach body.
All I am taking is ON 100% whey protein, other then that, its all food and fruits.