Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I know its been a while, but where did everyone go...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19
Default I know its been a while, but where did everyone go...

I just checked my profile and I have one single friend, Dave aka Flyingpuck ... where did all my peeps go? What happened here, lol, it is all so different.. Mel
Old 03-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Contributors

In December I bought a '13 535xDrive and there's more action talking about it on that other forum. I jump in here every so often to see who's doing what.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by luigi524td
In December I bought a '13 535xDrive and there's more action talking about it on that other forum. I jump in here every so often to see who's doing what.
For the uninitiated, what forum is that? Please IM me if you feel uncomfortable replying here.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by melimel
I just checked my profile and I have one single friend, Dave aka Flyingpuck ... where did all my peeps go? What happened here, lol, it is all so different.. Mel
Hi Mel, good to "see" you. I hope you're doing well. I guess the E60 has matured and many of us have moved to different platforms. How do you like your sweet M3 so far? I'm currently driving an E93 and I just can't put it down. My wife is still driving the old E60 as she did not want to part with it. It's still a nice car and still drives and looks like a brand new car. Take care!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

We're still here Mel! Don't post as often but still stopping by and seeing what's up in the E60 world. Love the M3, don't see myself in an F10. Will drive the M3 until it just get too expensive to fix though I still have little over a year and a half of warranty left. Shopping extended warranties soon...
Old 03-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by luigi524td
LUIGI!!!!!!!!!!!!! So good to hear from you...I bet you are loving your car huh?
Originally Posted by porsche911targa
Hi Mel, good to "see" you. I hope you're doing well. I guess the E60 has matured and many of us have moved to different platforms. How do you like your sweet M3 so far? I'm currently driving an E93 and I just can't put it down. My wife is still driving the old E60 as she did not want to part with it. It's still a nice car and still drives and looks like a brand new car. Take care!
wow.... I miss you guys!!!! your like me, I just can't get rid of the BMW.... Looks like your wife has good taste... ;-)
Originally Posted by kscarrol
We're still here Mel! Don't post as often but still stopping by and seeing what's up in the E60 world. Love the M3, don't see myself in an F10. Will drive the M3 until it just get too expensive to fix though I still have little over a year and a half of warranty left. Shopping extended warranties soon...
Ken! whats up... gene told me you were shopping for an extended warranty... I am going to pretty much buy mine out. I friggen love this car. A friend I met on the forum worked for my dealer, he said the worst thing he regretted was getting rid of his E90. He said it was the best car he had, and said he has never seen a problem with the dct ever. Not like the SMG at all..
Old 03-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
For the uninitiated, what forum is that? Please IM me if you feel uncomfortable replying here.
Not at all ... it's this one: 5Post - BMW 5 Series Forum - Powered by vBulletin

It's an OK forum but it seems that many of the new F10 posters are not very saavy BMW'ophiles. But that's just my initial view. This forum is a hotbed of great info
Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by melimel
Ken! whats up... gene told me you were shopping for an extended warranty... I am going to pretty much buy mine out. I friggen love this car. A friend I met on the forum worked for my dealer, he said the worst thing he regretted was getting rid of his E90. He said it was the best car he had, and said he has never seen a problem with the dct ever. Not like the SMG at all..
Good for you!! Love this car too, will drive it as long as I can.... Sounds like both you and Gene are keeping the M3's, love to hear that! You got some new wheels for the M3 or just spacers?

I finally dumped the OEM exhaust and got an Akra slip-on with the carbon fiber tips. Looks and sound great!

Hope things are getting better up in your neck of the woods. I've been down that path w/ Katrina and know things never go as quickly as we'd like! Unfortunately you guys are finding out what we already know, that insurance companies are not there to help you. They will do everything they can to protect their profits. Good hands my a$$!!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Good for you!! Love this car too, will drive it as long as I can.... Sounds like both you and Gene are keeping the M3's, love to hear that! You got some new wheels for the M3 or just spacers?

I finally dumped the OEM exhaust and got an Akra slip-on with the carbon fiber tips. Looks and sound great!

Hope things are getting better up in your neck of the woods. I've been down that path w/ Katrina and know things never go as quickly as we'd like! Unfortunately you guys are finding out what we already know, that insurance companies are not there to help you. They will do everything they can to protect their profits. Good hands my a$$!!
You are so right about the insurance companies as well as FEMA... it should stand for "go fuck yourself" cause thats what they are basically saying. One homeowner here actually had a payout from FEMA, now they are saying they need it back, the adjuster made a "mistake". The homeowner rebuilt their home, and don't have the money. Amazing.. A few friends I had had their home literally wash away and lift off the foundation. (couldnt have been built very well to begin with, but that is still their home)..

And yes, I have spacers on the stock ZCP wheels which are my winter set up with Blizzaks on them, and the BBS LM's go on in 20's in the summer. Its a sexy bitch for sure. I also have RPI, cat-back bolted on. When I purchase her im going to keep the ZCP's for winter, but powdercoat them maybe a satin or gloss black. Then after school is done I can play around with more "cosmetics", although Joe may kill me, lol. Im glad your well, its nice to see everyone again.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

hope all is well Mel =)

Quick Reply: I know its been a while, but where did everyone go...