Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I'm going to the Frankfurt Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, I've just returned from Frankfurt. I'm going to send some pictures to Das, not all of them, I have more than one hundred and I've found out that some of them are useless. I have included a few of the 6, maybe somebody is interested, they show the rear seats and the boot/trunk. Some of them aren't new, becuase they're of the Individual 545i on display and I've seen they are on this site already, but the list of Individual colors may be useful for some of you.That's all for now, I don't have time for more beacause I'm leaving again tomorrow, next Sunday I'll be back and tell you more about the Frankfurt Show.

Was it worth the visit? Absolutely

Bye, until Sunday
Old 09-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Members

sweet! glad you had fun. looking forward to the pics. take it easy.

steven
Old 09-22-2003, 09:59 AM
Members

hi everybody, you can see Das has posted some of my pictures, I hope you like them . I say some because I also have pictures of the following cars:

- Chrysler 300C sedan/SW
- Porsche Carrera GT
- VW Golf
- Seat Altea
- Bugatti EB 16.4 Veyron
- Aston Martin DB9
- Volvo S40
- Mazda RX-8
- Opel Astra
- Cadillac (I can't remember its name now, it's the one with the 16 cylinder engine)
- MB SLR
- MB Vision CLS

So if someone is interested, apart from those who said it already, I'll be happy to send you the pictures you want. If no one answers me maybe I'd open a new topic but I think it wouldn't be a good idea since it's not related to the E60.

I'll try to send the picture to those who asked me as soon as I can and have your email adress.

- For Rodybmw, all the upper dashes I saw, including the Individual car one, were black.

- For Deborah Blaylock, sorry but I didn't see any Amethyst Grey car, but as I said you can see some pictures I took of it in 'pictures from Spain'. I have also seen another picture of one in another website but I can't remember its adress now, I'll let you know.

- For Monkeyman2279, sorry but I forgot completely about the tuning stuff, probably I was too tired after several hours inside those crowded halls

Bye for now.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Members

If you get a chance to ask BMW when they plan to supply the snap in adapter for the Nokia 6310 mobile phone (Bluetooth) currently it is only available for the Seimans phone. I took delivery of a 530dA in the UK on the launch day.... very pleased so far with car and spec. Silver Grey with black leather looks great. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Members

segovia,

thanks a million! ive got a couple qs for you about what you thought of a few of the cars you saw. i send you an email about pic request, but im also interested in your opinion.

what did you think of the million dollar super duper car Veyron? in need an educated opinion incase my powerball numbers come up.

how about the chrysler? i have my fingers crossed for the return of american muscle but this time with a some german training.

what about the porsche? its my plan B if only moderately huge amounts of money come in from the lottery.

are astons as sexy in person as they look in pictures?

and finally a bmw related question. the pics of the 530d, to me, appeared orient blue. do you think it helped or hurt the lines being in a dark color? what did you think of that color and what would you choose bt it and silver-grey?

thanks a million and hope you had a blast. take care

steven
Old 09-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Members

hi, I'll start with your last question. Yes, the 530d is Orient Blue, I can't be very objective about it because it's the one I've ordered (two weeks for delivery, I'm counting the days), I mean it is my favourite one, after having seen them all in the metal, except white. I think it looks beautiful, but only as long as you keep the car clean, of course, which could be a bit difficult, you know what happens with dark colours <_< I don't use the car everyday so for me it's easier to keep it spick and span (my E39 is an even darker blue, Ocean Blue if I'm not mistaken, so I know what I'm talking about).

- Between the Aston Martin, Porsche and Bugatti I prefer the first one. In person looks gorgoeus (I'm not sure if it's correct to use this word for a car), the Porsche is maybe a bit too sporty, I don't know exactly how to explain it, but the Aston is much more elegant and must be great to drive too, maybe more relaxed, I just hope the build quality is ok and that nothing from a Ford comes up. But are you serious about the Bugatti, even if you win the lottery? I think I'd never be able to drive a car with 1,001 hp on the ordinary streets/roads, how do you handle that beast? And personally I'd never leave that car alone in a parking lot, who knows what can happen to it But I must confess that I wouldn't mind testdriving one on a race track Anyway, even if you wanted to buy it I'm afraid you'd have to wait until 2,005...

I just hope I have been able to explain myself ok, it's not always easy when you aren't using your native language.

bye, adi?s
Old 09-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Members

sorry, I had forgotten the Chrysler 300C. I'm not sure about that car, it's definitely a different (and biiiiiiiiiiig, specially in Europe) sedan, but the shape, specially the front, is controversial, to say the least. It's imposing, that's for sure, but ... I don't know, I think I'd have to drive it to pass a final judgement. I'm also intrigued about the influence of MB, I think this car is based on the E Class, so if they keep the same quality it could be a good rival for the German sedans, we'll see. Anyway, maybe in the US it will be a success, but here in Europe I dont' think so, the Germans have almost a monopoly of the luxury cars segment, people who can afford them simply don't consider an American car ...For example here in Spain it's really difficult to see a Sebring or a 300M on the streets, they are bought only by people who want something different, and besides the prices aren't particularly cheap.

bye.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:16 AM

Hi Segovia!

I must also thank you for your coverage from Frankfurt. You did a great job! Did you see any E60s with cloth/leather interior? If so, any impressions?

Take care!

//Thomas
Old 09-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Members

sorry, all the cars I saw had leather seats. It's funny, hundreds of pictures and no one with cloth/leather and hardly any of the standard cloth
Old 09-24-2003, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Hi Segovia,

You posted this picture of the gray dash last week. Do you have any more pictures of the gray dash and/or other sections of the gray interior?

Thanks,
rodybmw

Quick Reply: I'm going to the Frankfurt Auto Show