Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I'm going to the Frankfurt Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, I'm going to the Frankfurt Auto Show next week (more than 100 new models there, will I have time to see them all? ). It goes without saying that I'll spend quite a while at the BMW stand (btw you have a good article and a couple of pictures of it at www.germancarfans.com), but I also plan to take a good look at the rest of the new cars on display. So if someone wants me to take some pictures, please feel free to say what you'd like to see and I'll try to get it.

I'm sure Das will post my pictures , and if they're not about BMW I can email them to whoever is interested.

The website adress of the Auto Show is www.iaa.de (English version too), although it didn't work a while ago

Bye, adi?s
Old 09-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Members

Exclamation

Wow, I am so jealous!!! I would be very happy if you can take pictures of the cloth/leather standard seat and sport seat (if they have such low specified cars). Take care in Frankfurt!

//Thomas
Old 09-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Members

let's hope there's one. But why do you say low specified?, I wouldn't say so about the sport seats or the cloth/leather combo, in fact I wouldn't say it about any of the seats, the standard cloth looks ok in my opinion.

I'll do my best to get the pictures
Old 09-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Contributors

I would be interested in the color combinations of the dash and doors with different color interiors except black (we already know that black is all black). I thought I had seen a gray interior E60 picture in which the part of the dash above the Titan trim was also gray just like the bottom section of the dash. But in all the pictures I can find now that part of the dash is black.

I would also be interested in some good pictures of the standard cloth interior. I may try to special order the cloth seats from BMW of North America (sometimes they let you do this and sometimes they don't).

Thanks in advance,
rodybmw
Old 09-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Guest_PV2

Hi,

you could take some pics of the 545i.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by segovia' date='Sep 9 2003, 12:40 PM
But why do you say low specified?, I wouldn't say so about the sport seats or the cloth/leather combo, in fact I wouldn't say it about any of the seats, the standard cloth looks ok in my opinion.
Thanks, what I meant is that those show cars can be loaded of features. Yeah, the cloth looks ok, but the handbrake and the gear stick have no leather in that case (which such cars like the E60 shall have). I have a frend that has a 99' BMW 3 series with cloth interior and the cloth still looks untouched after a mileage of 150000 km. I am impressed of that!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Members

If you could take some pictures of hte Auburn interior with Poplar wood that would be great. I'm pretty tired of the usual -- tan, grey, black -- choices and would like something a bit different. Also the Truffle Brown is of interest which I might consider special ordering.

thanks!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:34 PM
Members

naturally any bmw things will be welcomed by me. i dont know if its supposed to be there or not but the porsche carerra gt would be great to see pics of. if you get a chance, please check out the new aston martin db9, if you can. id also like to know whats you think of the mercedes vision csl.

what id really love for you to take some pics of that, i dont think anyone else would mention, is the chrysler 300c touring. im not into wagons but id like to know what you think of the thing in an overall sense, esp the front and sides. that hemi engine will go and thats in my dads truck. i have really high hopes for the new dodge and chrysler rear-drive cars. thats my only real photo request i guess. i appreciate you asking us what we want to see, but just generally relating what you see and how you feel about it will be fine with me. thanks again. have fun and take care.

steven
Old 09-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jckrauskopf' date='Sep 9 2003, 04:18 PM
If you could take some pictures of hte Auburn interior with Poplar wood that would be great. I'm pretty tired of the usual -- tan, grey, black -- choices and would like something a bit different. Also the Truffle Brown is of interest which I might consider special ordering.

thanks!!!
I'll try to get the pictures, but you can already see some of what you want here. There are pictures of the auburn interior under the post "more E60 pictures" (made by Johoog) and a picture of the truffle interior has just been posted by Thomas the Swede in the discussion about poplar wood vs. maple wood trim (there are more, I think under 'pictures from M?nchen'). I hope it helps but, as I said, if there're cars with those colors I'll get the pictures, of course.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:55 PM
chickpig

Could you take some pictures of the CLS?

Quick Reply: I'm going to the Frankfurt Auto Show