Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

"The Toyota Defense"

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Saw this on CNN earlier..

They were talking about a man in Minne, who ended up imprisoned because of his 'involvement' in a car crash that killed 3 (a few years back).. the blame was squarely put onto the driver's shoulders, and he was locked up.

He was driving a Toyota....

LINO LAKES, Minn. ? Ever since his 1996 Toyota Camry shot up an interstate ramp, plowing into the back of an Oldsmobile in a horrific crash that killed three people, Koua Fong Lee insisted he had done everything he could to stop the car.

A jury didn't believe him, and a judge sentenced him to eight years in prison. But now, new revelations of safety problems with Toyotas have Lee pressing to get his case reopened and his freedom restored.

Here is the article:
http://news.yahoo.co...ota_fatal_crash

Wow
Old 02-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Wow....I see many lawsuits in the future...
Old 02-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Holy shiiiit!!! Toyota is not just killing people but also ruining peoples lives
Old 02-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

crap i have an 09 coroloa for work... wonder if i should take it in. i drive 200 miles a day
Old 02-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Guys, please read this article from Ed Wallace and Business Week.

http://www.businessw...=rss_topStories

Wallace raises some very reasonable points and asks some very pertinent questions. This is the best article on the issue that I have read.

I maintain that in the fullness of time, driver error - just as it was with the Audi 5000 - will be proven to be the cause of these issues and accidents.

Please pay particular attention to the discussion in Wallace's article about the lady who testified before Congress about her Lexus.

Please also pay particular attention to the discussion in the article about the independence or otherwise of some of the witnesses who testified who are also being paid by a "safety organization" that seems to be involved in a number of the lawsuits.

It is enlightening reading.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint

why cant any of these tards figure out how to put it in neutral? they have to pass by it everytime they engage drive??
"The Toyota Defense"-126655766930.jpg
Old 02-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames
Guys, please read this article from Ed Wallace and Business Week.

http://www.businessw...=rss_topStories

Wallace raises some very reasonable points and asks some very pertinent questions. This is the best article on the issue that I have read.

I maintain that in the fullness of time, driver error - just as it was with the Audi 5000 - will be proven to be the cause of these issues and accidents.

Please pay particular attention to the discussion in Wallace's article about the lady who testified before Congress about her Lexus.

Please also pay particular attention to the discussion in the article about the independence or otherwise of some of the witnesses who testified who are also being paid by a "safety organization" that seems to be involved in a number of the lawsuits.

It is enlightening reading.

great article,

the first half didn't grab me at all.. sounded like someone was watching too many Law & Order reruns

the second half was on-point, and brought up a lot of questions that i myself had

the issue here seems to be the conflict between legitimate problems vs. filthy liars

not personally knowing these people, what they went through (and never wanting to put myself in that situation) i don't want to accuse anyone of lying, like Mr Wallace fearlessly does. at the same time, i have to agree with his suggestion that " let's cull the reported number down to just the accidents, those that can't be explained fully, and study them" (page 3)

simply, this isn't going to be easy for anyone
Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skelevirus
why cant any of these tards figure out how to put it in neutral? they have to pass by it everytime they engage drive??

some claim they did. one lady (the one who testfied) said she put it in all gears, park, neutral, reverse, eBrake and nothing happened.. she was at full throttle.. then it suddenly started to slow down

i dont know, like the Wallace article says, we can look at this two ways; it's a damn shame on Toyota's part, or, it's fishy/fabricated
Old 02-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
some claim they did. one lady (the one who testfied) said she put it in all gears, park, neutral, reverse, eBrake and nothing happened.. she was at full throttle.. then it suddenly started to slow down

i dont know, like the Wallace article says, we can look at this two ways; it's a damn shame on Toyota's part, or, it's fishy/fabricated
shes a liar! hahaaa
Old 02-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by skelevirus
shes a liar! hahaaa
Dude the chick in your avatar is so fvcking cute

Quick Reply: "The Toyota Defense"