Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

OEM BMW LED LICENSE PLATE LIGHT WITH HARNESS ADAPTOR

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fafafoooey' post='807491' date='Mar 4 2009, 01:30 PM
Hey Erick, any updates?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Members

Update from elite: Should be shipping tomorrow. Mine and VirtualRain. Some Problem with parts received and supplier issues. Thanks Erick for letting me know.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Members

how come the single buy is $65.00 + 4.98 Shipping and this GB is $95.00 + 4.98 Shipping?????
Old 03-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5

Originally Posted by lsungmo' post='820457' date='Mar 18 2009, 04:53 PM
how come the single buy is $65.00 + 4.98 Shipping and this GB is $95.00 + 4.98 Shipping?????
This is getting ridiculous... I still don't have confirmation that anything has shipped!?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i Black Sapphire Metalic/Auburn Interior, Sports Package, Premium Package, Side and Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth with IPhone connected.
Red face

Originally Posted by VirtualRain' post='826876' date='Mar 25 2009, 09:48 PM
This is getting ridiculous... I still don't have confirmation that anything has shipped!?
Mr. McCormack yours were shipped out already thank you for your patience this has been quite ridiculous. Since you are in Canada it takes several days via priority mail international. I promise you should be getting them in the next few days if not tomorrow.

BTW Status Update, 2 more left to be shipped out!

Following Customers:
Mr. Pike
Mr. Fukamoto
Old 03-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Members

so.... can i get a set? are they any left, how much will it be for shipping im in canada, postal code h1j2b2

thanks
Old 04-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5

Originally Posted by elite_motorsports_BMW' post='827061' date='Mar 26 2009, 02:59 AM
Mr. McCormack yours were shipped out already thank you for your patience this has been quite ridiculous. Since you are in Canada it takes several days via priority mail international. I promise you should be getting them in the next few days if not tomorrow.
Got mine last week... Finally! One was DOA. The workmanship and choice of components is absolute crap.

For the dead one, with the lights on, I wiggled the harness and found it would light up occasionally while wiggling it where the wiring connects to the lamp enclosure. Disconnected it and removed the heat-shrink around the connection... the wire connects to the enclosure with two independent pins (not the stock OEM wiring harness connector as you might expect from something this costly). Of course, without any heat-shrink on the two pins, they were touching... shorting out the connection. I put some heat shrink over each pin and reconnected them. Works fine now. Ultimately, I'm going to buy the OEM harness connector and do it properly so it doesn't look like a total hack job.

Also, the other end of the wiring where it connects to the factory wiring harness is total crap as well. The connector on the supplied wiring is NOT OEM and barely mates to the BMW harness. Also the male pins used were not a correct fit but it looks like you pinched them down so they will fit into the BMW female receptacles... another hack!

Finally, the resistor, spliced in mid-way along the supplied harness adapter is simply covered in electrical tape... why not spend 10-cents on some suitably sized heat shrink to cover that more professionally?

If buyers are familiar with Bruce Miranda's work, they will be very disappointed with this.

While they are both working now and error free, if I was you, I'd be embarrassed to sell this and charge nearly $100 for it.

BTW, this is a much cleaner, better option by the looks of it... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-license...A1%7C240%3A1318
Old 04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i Black Sapphire Metalic/Auburn Interior, Sports Package, Premium Package, Side and Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth with IPhone connected.

Originally Posted by VirtualRain' post='835425' date='Apr 3 2009, 03:21 PM
Got mine last week... Finally! One was DOA. The workmanship and choice of components is absolute crap.

For the dead one, with the lights on, I wiggled the harness and found it would light up occasionally while wiggling it where the wiring connects to the lamp enclosure. Disconnected it and removed the heat-shrink around the connection... the wire connects to the enclosure with two independent pins (not the stock OEM wiring harness connector as you might expect from something this costly). Of course, without any heat-shrink on the two pins, they were touching... shorting out the connection. I put some heat shrink over each pin and reconnected them. Works fine now. Ultimately, I'm going to buy the OEM harness connector and do it properly so it doesn't look like a total hack job.

Also, the other end of the wiring where it connects to the factory wiring harness is total crap as well. The connector on the supplied wiring is NOT OEM and barely mates to the BMW harness. Also the male pins used were not a correct fit but it looks like you pinched them down so they will fit into the BMW female receptacles... another hack!

Finally, the resistor, spliced in mid-way along the supplied harness adapter is simply covered in electrical tape... why not spend 10-cents on some suitably sized heat shrink to cover that more professionally?

If buyers are familiar with Bruce Miranda's work, they will be very disappointed with this.

While they are both working now and error free, if I was you, I'd be embarrassed to sell this and charge nearly $100 for it.

BTW, this is a much cleaner, better option by the looks of it... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-license...A1%7C240%3A1318

Thank for your feedback everyone is intital to there own opition. i have sold over 50 sets worldwide and everyone of my customers has been statisfied. now the ones on ebay you mention are $10 less and are not even close to being oem, you think a chinese immitation is going to be better ?? i am surprise if they will last 2 months (my opinion). OEM is the best way to go and you will see you will not have a problem of them burning out for a very long time...
Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by elite_motorsports_BMW' post='849416' date='Apr 16 2009, 08:29 PM
Thank for your feedback everyone is intital to there own opition. i have sold over 50 sets worldwide and everyone of my customers has been statisfied. now the ones on ebay you mention are $10 less and are not even close to being oem, you think a chinese immitation is going to be better ?? i am surprise if they will last 2 months (my opinion). OEM is the best way to go and you will see you will not have a problem of them burning out for a very long time...
Yep.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Members

It's now 7/2011 are these OEM lights with harness still holding up well? Trying to find replacements for my aftermarket oem led that have burned out less than one year.