Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it, unfortunately I live in Cyprus so I guess shipping costs would rule me out
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Well, it would be better than nothing, right?

Because this did not turn out to be as well received as I thought it would be, I am not sure if the supplier is willing to make just one for me. I will have to check later today to see what their final verdict is.

Man, kind of a bummer of this turn out.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Well, it would be better than nothing, right?

Because this did not turn out to be as well received as I thought it would be, I am not sure if the supplier is willing to make just one for me. I will have to check later today to see what their final verdict is.

Man, kind of a bummer of this turn out.
In the most non douchy way to say this, take it as a sign. There's a reason noone wants it. Its absolutely butt ugly and would totally ruin your e60. Be patient and something will come around!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skunkd
In the most non douchy way to say this, take it as a sign. There's a reason noone wants it. Its absolutely butt ugly and would totally ruin your e60. Be patient and something will come around!

Dude, it's your opinion. You've got your hood, so just move along. If I thought it look bad, I wouldn't want to get it now would I?

As for patience, I think we've all had plenty. The other thread originated some time in April of 2010, and we've been waiting on vendors since last November and still no word on ETA or if they will get anymore at all. While some may like to wait around for it to magically be available again, I would rather be pro-active and go with something else that I like as well.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Just saw this link someone posted on M5Board: http://www.ppcgb.com/Evo-Bonnet-Pain...-M5/prod14048/

Hood looks pretty much the same as the one on this thread so maybe you can just buy it for yourself Simon.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Contributors

Cool, thanks Tony. I am going to check with my source later today, and if they are not going to make just one for me, then this is a good direction. Thanks again bud.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 06' m5

I wonder if your guys can make the hood without laying carbon fiber over it , just leave it plain fiberglass . I mean i will have the whole thing painted anyways and leave vents in black or if carbon fiber ones are available even better . That way without carbon fiber on top i could have my guy at body shop file down the edges on that bulge and make it more appealing , then paint it . Just an idea ...
Old 03-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Nomis, thanks for your input in Mark's thread, buyers should be free to choose which style they want and as you have the advantage of local why don't you just get someone to buy yours as they are local and they can report if it is ok?
we are looking at 10kgs of product and packing to be sent by air.
if your local thing is going ok then they should arrive in a sea container right? if you have the etd, which should be 21 days maximum from S China/E China port then in a couple of weeks you will have the stock.

As mentioned our one is triple layered dry carbon,layered with mipa,German clearcoat, oven baked, vents are functional and not closed out, undertray can be ordered extra, we are only focussing on quality and enjoyment,
its a hobby gone wild!

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Mark, I am sorry that you took what I said negatively. I am merely stating facts that it's been a process, and that it isn't necessary your job. You are just doing the people a favor after all. My point is that we have no ETA, and for all anyone know, it'll remain that way for awhile.

So for those who are ready to stop waiting, this is simply another option.

This is a group buy thread. Thank you.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Contributors

Hey Bill, thanks for chiming in.

I am not sure if there's a slight confusion, but like Mark, I am just a point contact for the hood as well. And for the record, the hood in this thread is ordered, and will arrive in early April. I should have it soon.

While I have you here Bill, just a question that you're likely going to get from other people. Are there alternative to carbon fiber with your manufacturing process? I understand the appeal of your triple layered carbon fiber (for the look and the weight savings), but what about those people that are going to paint it anyway and don't care about the weight?

I am sure such option would be cheaper than CF? I'll go ahead and cross post in that other thread so you don't miss it.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 WHITE BMW 528i 20% TINT ALL AROUND RPI SCOOP WITH K&N FILTER TWO 10' ALPINE TYPE R's LED TRUNK, BACK UP, SIDE MARKERS, SIGNAL, ANGEL LIGHTS BLACK DECALS

SIMON COUNT ME IN!

1) nomis_nehc
2)itzhcangsta23
3)
4)
5)

Quick Reply: GB: Vorsteiner style CF hood