Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Technic
There's no need to pay extra to attach those Tyco connectors to the Stereo harness (not shown in this thread), just pay for the Tyco connectors ($13 a pair with shipping cost to me).

If you have not bought the THA555 yet then they are at $100 USD on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/BLAUPUNKT-THA555...item35adf24319

Shipping to UK is quite expensive, though...
Ooops... I don't think I was clear, that's what 4 days of 14 hour shifts will do ... I live in California so I am in the US. I have purchased the amp already and all I need is the harness Would it be easier if you just purchased them for me, "built" the cable, and just include it in the final cost? I am willing to do it either way, just trying to take the most efficient route. We can go P.M. for payment/shipping details. THANKS!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by bautile
Ooops... I don't think I was clear, that's what 4 days of 14 hour shifts will do ... I live in California so I am in the US. I have purchased the amp already and all I need is the harness Would it be easier if you just purchased them for me, "built" the cable, and just include it in the final cost? I am willing to do it either way, just trying to take the most efficient route. We can go P.M. for payment/shipping details. THANKS!
You cannot use the PM yet and this is a Groub Buy thread. Please use this thread instead: https://5series.net/forums/topic/998...st__p__1262506
Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 AM
New Members

My Ride: 520 d M Sport auto, Carbon black,black heated sport leather, blacked out windows, 6000k HID dipped beam and 6000k HID front fogs, led halo's, led number plate lights,satndard hifi, still to fit THA555 pnp amp, sws 8" subs, Logic7 tweeters, ipod retro fit kit, door handle and pocket leds, integrated garage door remote into headliner panel

Hello, I am awaiting delivery of a THA 555 pnp amp, Bluespot harness and sws 8 subs.

Could you please tell me what is the jumper ( a resistor? if so, what value?)and how the jumper is used at the stock subwoofers.

As I said, I am awaiting delivery so I don't know if the THA555 will power all the speakers or if I am able to take an amplified feed direct to the sws subs, in which case I would need the said jumpers.

I have the bog standard 6 speaker hifi, single cd setup. I have also ordered Logic7 tweeters for the front.

I am trying to be prepared for a first time complete install without having to go back to sort out any problems.

Many Thanks for any help available
Old 12-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xpbulldog
Hello, I am awaiting delivery of a THA 555 pnp amp, Bluespot harness and sws 8 subs.

Could you please tell me what is the jumper ( a resistor? if so, what value?)and how the jumper is used at the stock subwoofers.

As I said, I am awaiting delivery so I don't know if the THA555 will power all the speakers or if I am able to take an amplified feed direct to the sws subs, in which case I would need the said jumpers.

I have the bog standard 6 speaker hifi, single cd setup. I have also ordered Logic7 tweeters for the front.

I am trying to be prepared for a first time complete install without having to go back to sort out any problems.

Many Thanks for any help available
Because your 6-speaker system have the front and underseat speakers connected in parallel, once you unplug the woofers your front speakers will not have any connection to the OEM wires as the parallel connection joint is made at that connector while being plugged into that woofer.

Unplug connector = no parallel joint = no sound from front speakers.

The "jumper" that I mentioned before is a short wire with each end terminated with an OEM blade connector. Two jumpers are used to reconnect the OEM wires in the woofer OEM connector, so you do not have to cut that connector to join the wires back in.

Jumpers inserted in OEM woofer connector = sound from front speakers.

The jumpers are used to connect pin 1 to pin 2, and to connect pin 4 to pin 3. Pin numbers are molded in the OEM woofer connector.

You will need to run new wires from the THA555 5th channel directly to the SWS-8. The SWS-8 should be 4 ohms.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:26 PM
New Members

My Ride: 520 d M Sport auto, Carbon black,black heated sport leather, blacked out windows, 6000k HID dipped beam and 6000k HID front fogs, led halo's, led number plate lights,satndard hifi, still to fit THA555 pnp amp, sws 8" subs, Logic7 tweeters, ipod retro fit kit, door handle and pocket leds, integrated garage door remote into headliner panel

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I needed to know.
All the best for the New Year
Old 02-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Members

My Ride: The UDM

Works great, excellent service!

Thank you
Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Members

I want one!!! PM me or e-mail me @ mike@tridentdive.com
Old 04-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

I want one tooo
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Members

Same here. I got a 2008 e60. I dont know what type of system I have. I see the 2 speakers on the door panels and 2 tweeters by the mirrors. Can you please provide us with a "Best to your knowledge" with combining your harness along with what type pf apms and subs you recommend?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:40 AM
Contributors

Can you see an Equalizer setting in your iDrive? If yes, then your system is Logic7 (optional). If not, then your system is HiFi (standard)

Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC