Frequently Asked Questions Feel free to add to our FAQ answers or contribute new questions.

When taking delivery of my new car, is there a

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW
Thumbs up

When taking delivery of my new car, is there a list of things to check on?

Yes! This is the time to find any problems with the new car, should any exist, and get them repaired. Before signing any paperwork, the dealer should show you the car so you can do a visual exterior and interior inspection to make sure everything is in order, e.g. no scratches or anything like that. After the visual inspection, you should take your new car on a short test drive to make sure there's no electronic faults with the car. This also allows you to get a feel for your new car and perhaps formulate some questions for later. After the test drive you can sign on the dotted line and cross all the t's to become legal owner of the car assuming everything is in order. After the car is legally yours the dealer should explain all of the functions to you so that you can operate the car. Make sure to ask any questions and get them answered because once you drive off you're on your own. Once everything is complete you're the proud owner of a new BMW! Make sure to follow the break-in procedures and enjoy!

If you have any additions or comments please post them below for other forum members and web site visitors to read.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a check list together from several different sources before I took delivery of my new E60 and thought I would share it here. I left plenty of blank spaces so you can fill in your own information or any recent issues posted on the E60 Forums you feel compelled to keep an eye out for.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Check_List_for_Day_of_Pick_Up.pdf (15.2 KB, 2046 views)
Old 04-21-2005, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='Apr 21 2005, 02:04 PM
I put a check list together from several different sources before I took delivery of my new E60 and thought I would share it here.? I left plenty of blank spaces so you can fill in your own information or any recent issues posted on the E60 Forums you feel compelled to keep an eye out for.
[snapback]118030[/snapback]
Fantastic!! I was going to go to dealership late afternoon, but with this list, I reckon I should get there for 9am!..............Very comprehensive, thank you.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Jet Black/Black Leather AUTO Sport Package Cold Weather Package Navigation Logic 7 Audio Satellite Radio Fold Down Rear Seats

make sure that you have two chrome exaust tips on your car, mine was missing one but they put one on
Old 04-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

First of all congrats on your new ride. I picked my 550 up this morning and can tell you from an hour's worth of experience that I have no idea whatsoever of how to work the damn thing. I think, however, if I want to light a cigarette that I just have to push in the lighter button but I can't be sure. Anyway, after driving it for less then an hour I dropped it off at the body shop so they could put on my Schnitzer rear spoiler. Should be ready in a few hours. More to come.