F11 Touring Discussion Discussion about the touring version of the 5 series, also known as a wagon.

Maybe the F11's will come to the States after all!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Carbon Black

5 Seriest GT Sales are apparently not so peachy...
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/23/b...-series-wagon/

Personally, I would LOVE this. I had a german 98 540i wagon and it was the cat's pajamas
Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 AM
Members

Amen! We can only hope that BMW wakes up and realizes that foisting the GT on wagon owners was a huge mistake. Maybe they will offer it at the mid life refreshment point rather than the next generation F11 in 2015 (or whenever that will be). I would be happy if them made the F11 a special order item so they didn't have to carry inventory on the lot. Potential customer will just drive the sedan versions to get a feel for color and options and then order the wagon. Hell, even if they offered the 535 version only (ie no V8 or 4cyl Turbo) it would be okay with me. I think they should at least offer the choice of X drive or RWD however.

BMW: If you read this, why don't you ask us for our input and gauge how big the demand is.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Members

I too hope BMW USA will change their mind and bring the F11 to the States. The 5 GT is a non-starter without any carrying capacity and lousy visibility, and the X5 with a high rear lift-over isn't helpful either. If not, I'll be looking at the Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon next year.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The F07 GT is a misfit. The F11 is very hot!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:26 AM
New Members

The American public has not figured out the benefits of a wagon.....the fact that most SUV tasks can be accomplished by a wagon and at better gas mileage..............imagine even better a 5 series wagon with a 3 liter turbo diesel................quiet, powerful, sporty and great mileage. The hurdle for BMW of course is to convince the American public that the wagons of the seventies are long gone.

I see both issues of a lack of wagons and diesel as simply poor BMW marketing...........there has been no real effort to sell to the US by the Europeans. What a shame......I am a fan of both.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:44 AM
New Members

Hoping for a wagon is not the adult way. If we want wagons, we need to ask ...........it is often the grass roots efforts of many individuals spending two minutes to post on the BMW web site to state their desire that makes a difference................write to the magazines and the manufacturer and they will build and send wagons to the US.............I have done my part..............have YOU?

PS. I have a 08 E61 wagon and love it.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Members

Rolf, Would you or does anyone else happen to have an email address for BMWUSA? I too would like to drop a line requesting an F11! I have an '06 E61 whose warranty expires the end of this year.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Members

Boardmates -

I created this group last year, when I bought a '10 535xiT (or whatever BMW wants to call it now).

Maybe we could get more members in the group.

Here is the link.

Facebook Group - Save the BMW Wagon
Old 07-27-2011, 04:53 AM
Members

Now Audi has joined the anti wagon movement for the US market

We will not be seeing the new 2012 A6 Avant here. WTF is wrong with the American public????!!!! An A6 Avant with the 2.0T engine would be a (dare I say) affordable luxury wagon that would fit the bill for 99% of the US roads (ie 70 -80 mph). The fwd 2.0T with CVT is $41K to $45K (MSRP). They may add quattro (who knows). But honestly, for driving around Tampa FL in stylish new car for under 50K, I could swallow not having the words 3.0T and Quattro on the back end of the car.

But NOOOOOOO.........the brainiacs at Audi have decided that the A6 Avant is not for us.

As an aside, I thought 2010 535XiTs were rare ducks. Try finding a 2011 A6 Avant in the USA. I found 9 (all used) and they were asking a pretty high price for what is still essentially a used car.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mdobin
Boardmates -

I created this group last year, when I bought a '10 535xiT (or whatever BMW wants to call it now).

Maybe we could get more members in the group.

Here is the link.

Facebook Group - Save the BMW Wagon
Sadly, 13 members will not do the trick
Bmw usa is certainly hiding their contact info well...

Quick Reply: Maybe the F11's will come to the States after all!