F11 Touring Discussion Discussion about the touring version of the 5 series, also known as a wagon.

I ordered one

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by garehaan
xBMWx and Andy545 good to see that you guys are still alive and kicking in here!

Engine, that's not an option for me due to the fact that i'm registring it in Belgium.
Choosing the super efficient and clean bottom range diesel is almost a must there considering taxes and therefore resale value.
It's a 520dA

Originally Posted by andy545
Yeah mate, still alive

I like those wheels Wilbert - the 2.0d is a super engine with regards to efficiency and everyday driving. Good decision.
The 520d is the smart choice and love the specs so far

I'm moving from Denmark to the UK, so it would no longer be too far to join a "BeNeLux reunion meet" some time next year... and check out Wilbert's new toy It would be great to catch up with you all again.

(I will also need to change my car for something more economical, but I think I'll take my time to decide... )
Old 12-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Option for the day:

19" 351M wheels
Same 19" wheels as on my new car which I collect on thursday.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by SteveNotto
Same 19" wheels as on my new car which I collect on thursday.
Excellent taste

BMW is not being fair to us by offering those fugly 350M 18" wheels in the M-pack, or is it just me being too greedy by wanting those much better 351's
The wife acceptancy factor (WAF) is probably next to zero on this option, but hey
Old 12-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx
The 520d is the smart choice and love the specs so far

I'm moving from Denmark to the UK, so it would no longer be too far to join a "BeNeLux reunion meet" some time next year... and check out Wilbert's new toy It would be great to catch up with you all again.

(I will also need to change my car for something more economical, but I think I'll take my time to decide... )

RIght, looking forward to meeting you again! Last meet at the ring, it's date and the furious ride back home will be on my mind forever!
My first daughter was born that day
Old 12-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Members

Excellent taste

BMW is not being fair to us by offering those fugly 350M 18" wheels in the M-pack, or is it just me being too greedy by wanting those much better 351's
The wife acceptancy factor (WAF) is probably next to zero on this option, but hey
It is BMW who are being greedy by charging £1185 for the 19" upgrade
Old 12-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Contributors

The option for today is: extra 12volt connections

Need them for the kids in the back to charge their ipods, dvd players etc.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Since yesterday's option was hardly worth mentioning, i'll name one of the gadgets:

speed limit info

With this system a camera under your rear view mirror recognizes speed the limits and displays them.

Well, a picture would explain it better... Couldn't find one though.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Since yesterday's option was hardly worth mentioning, i'll name one of the gadgets:

speed limit info

With this system a camera under your rear view mirror recognizes speed the limits and displays them.

There you go:

I ordered one-07_speed_limit_information.jpg

Probably will be quite loaded since you've got such a niche option as this as well?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

speed limit info

The loaner I'm using is equipped with that, and if you are lucky it works about 50% of the time. True, up here in Scandinavia with the current hard winter it's probably a tough time being a speed limit identifier... but you expect more from a system that recognises a 100 km/h sign to just afterwards change its mind and show "70 km/h" on the display without any reason.

Not worth the money, according to me.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by narvselius
The loaner I'm using is equipped with that, and if you are lucky it works about 50% of the time. True, up here in Scandinavia with the current hard winter it's probably a tough time being a speed limit identifier... but you expect more from a system that recognises a 100 km/h sign to just afterwards change its mind and show "70 km/h" on the display without any reason.

Not worth the money, according to me.
It was not that expensive so I thought to give it a try. It is a niche option allright, but it 'll be return on investment within 5-10 prospective speeding tickets.
Given the fact that i get one ticket a month on average i'll get back to you within a year or so
In a recent ADAC test it was tested as the best among other systems.

Quick Reply: I ordered one