F11 Touring Discussion Discussion about the touring version of the 5 series, also known as a wagon.

F11 M Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

for both f10 and f11 I dont like the mtech that much so if I ever do get a f10 I go for the 3rd party body kit design which I know will be better looking than these
Old 07-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

The F11 MSport is really growing on me!

http://f10.5post.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1280328695
Old 07-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by narvselius
The F11 MSport is really growing on me!

http://f10.5post.com...=1&d=1280328695
still too close of a photo.
ned to look at it from 10 feet away and also the rear too.
no growing a mm on me at all. :thumbsdown:
Old 08-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Members

Hi Guys,

I have ordered it last week, it´s an 525 d in Carbonblack with interieur oyster/black, delivery date is the 03.01.2011.

I can`t wait....

Ciao

Heli G.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by Heli G.
Hi Guys,

I have ordered it last week, it´s an 525 d in Carbonblack with interieur oyster/black, delivery date is the 03.01.2011.

I can`t wait....

Ciao

Heli G.
That's really good news. Congrats!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by narvselius
That's really good news. Congrats!
Hi narvselius,

what´s your experience with carbonblack, in change from platinumgrey.

Is it a perfect colour for the next one ??

Bye

Helmut
Old 08-02-2010, 05:12 AM
Contributors

Hi narvselius,

what´s your experience with carbonblack, in change from platinumgrey.

Is it a perfect colour for the next one ??

Bye

Helmut
hey Heli,

not that you asked me for my opinion, I still believe I need to give you an opinion

I have had silver gray, white, carbon black and space gray (my dad's x5) and I must admit, the most difficult colour to deal with was carbon black. In my opinion, it felt like a very "soft" paint compared to say space gray or silvery gray which resulted in more scratches. What disturbed me a bit more was that it was a deep black colour but a blue black.

Coming from platinum gray, you are definitely in for some more work with carbon black.

greetings from the capital
Old 08-02-2010, 05:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rsyed
hey Heli,

not that you asked me for my opinion, I still believe I need to give you an opinion

I have had silver gray, white, carbon black and space gray (my dad's x5) and I must admit, the most difficult colour to deal with was carbon black. In my opinion, it felt like a very "soft" paint compared to say space gray or silvery gray which resulted in more scratches. What disturbed me a bit more was that it was a deep black colour but a blue black.

Coming from platinum gray, you are definitely in for some more work with carbon black.

greetings from the capital

Hi Rumman,

yes I know, that it´s more work for cleaning with carbonblack , but I had have before an black car, so I have the experience for this. So all dark colours are more intensive for this.

But my ask to narvselius was, if he had to decide once more, he does take the carbonblack once more
( in the optical facepoint ).

Ciao

Helmut
Old 08-02-2010, 05:40 AM
Contributors

Hi Rumman,

yes I know, that it´s more work for cleaning with carbonblack , but I had have before an black car, so I have the experience for this. So all dark colours are more intensive for this.

But my ask to narvselius was, if he had to decide once more, he does take the carbonblack once more
( in the optical facepoint ).

Ciao

Helmut
definitely the dark colour causes more work but I believe (from my experience of the e61 with carbon black) the colour is more difficult to maintain than any usual dark colour simply because of scratches you get that you would not get with a "harder" colour. But mind you, all my cars go through the löffler car wash (Hochdruckvorwäsche mit warmem Wasser, Textillappen für lackschonende Wäsche, Super Polish: Farbauffrischung für den Lack, Extra Trocknung ? Integral-, Spiegel- & Textiltrockner) and are NOT hand washed..

cheers
Old 08-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rsyed
definitely the dark colour causes more work but I believe (from my experience of the e61 with carbon black) the colour is more difficult to maintain than any usual dark colour simply because of scratches you get that you would not get with a "harder" colour. But mind you, all my cars go through the löffler car wash (Hochdruckvorwäsche mit warmem Wasser, Textillappen für lackschonende Wäsche, Super Polish: Farbauffrischung für den Lack, Extra Trocknung ? Integral-, Spiegel- & Textiltrockner) and are NOT hand washed..

cheers
my cars are always hand washed...

Quick Reply: F11 M Sport