F10, F11 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the F10. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone modded their DRL's to shine brighter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys:

New here so please be gentle if this has been discussed previously.

Wondering if anyone has worked out how to make the DRLs shine brighter?

Love the look of the large white LED DRLs on cars like Audi and Mercedes and wondered in we F10 owners can do anything to make ours more 'outstanding'?

Regards - Roger
Old 11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rogerdodger
Hi Guys:

New here so please be gentle if this has been discussed previously.

Wondering if anyone has worked out how to make the DRLs shine brighter?

Love the look of the large white LED DRLs on cars like Audi and Mercedes and wondered in we F10 owners can do anything to make ours more 'outstanding'?

Regards - Roger
If you can achieve making your DRL's brighter on your F10. Tell me where , when and how much and I'm there. Been trying to figure this out since I got my F10 back in August.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Can you guys with the F10s clarify? Is there any difference between the halogen headlamp's angel eyes versus the xenon?

The other day I saw a F10, and I think the white angel eyes I saw were pretty sufficiently bright.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^+1, the F10 xenon AE LED's are very bright and noticeable IMO...

are you guys asking for brighter AE's equipped with halogen headlamps? If so, what type of bulb are the AE's (should be in your manual)
Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

THe halogen models are dimmer than the xenon models but a little. If ANYONE is in NYC, I can build a kit to make it shine brighter. However, this is an at-your-own-risk mod.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
THe halogen models are dimmer than the xenon models but a little. If ANYONE is in NYC, I can build a kit to make it shine brighter. However, this is an at-your-own-risk mod.
Do i really have to be in NYC?? Is there any way you can ship this kit?? Please John. You know how badly I've been wanting this mod.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i know...but i need to use the car and test. Yes it sucks but I need a halogen F10 in NYC
Old 11-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Can you guys with the F10s clarify? Is there any difference between the halogen headlamp's angel eyes versus the xenon?

The other day I saw a F10, and I think the white angel eyes I saw were pretty sufficiently bright.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
^+1, the F10 xenon AE LED's are very bright and noticeable IMO...

are you guys asking for brighter AE's equipped with halogen headlamps? If so, what type of bulb are the AE's (should be in your manual)
Yes, the angel eyes for F10s with xenon headlamps are bright enough , bright enough that you can really notice them in broad daylight. However, the angel eyes for F10's with halogen headlamps, first of all don't display AE's for Daytime running lights but rather light up the headlights at lower output. I somehow got the AE's to stay on whenever the car is on by messing with it, but since I have halogen headlights even though they are on you can't tell they're on in the daytime because they are so dim. Oh by the way Gene, the F10's no longer use bulbs to light up the AE's but rather use LED which are built into the headlight making it way harder to upgrade

F10 Halogen headlamps -DRL:
Anyone modded their DRL's to shine brighter?-gtl-0wege%7E%24-kgrhqqokjgezj3-tprybm0ju-yivw%7E%7E_4.jpg

F10 Xenon headlamps- DRL:
Anyone modded their DRL's to shine brighter?-gtlekw-we%7E%24-kgrhqyoki4eyz-fwp-zbm0jurk-9q%7E%7E_4.jpg
Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
i know...but i need to use the car and test. Yes it sucks but I need a halogen F10 in NYC
Well, keep me updated John. Sooner or later it'll happen . Thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc

I'm talking about the F10 with Xenons.

I agree that the DRLs are fairly bright but, to make them even brighter, could the LEDs not be replaced with ultrabright LEDs, or am I missing something?

Thanks - Roger

Quick Reply: Anyone modded their DRL's to shine brighter?