4-zone Climate control retrofit - 5Series.net - Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2016, 10:03 AM   #1
New Members

Default 4-zone Climate control retrofit

Hi everyone. I bought my 2012 535D 1,5 months ago, and I am very happy with it. Awesome car, good spec too. There is one thing, what makes me the feeling, is something missing. It has a upgraded 2 zone climate, so I only get cold air from the rear air vents, even if the outside temperature is low. This is annoying because if I have passengers at the rear, they always complains due they are cold. So because of this, I try to find solution, and I would like to do some modification, as a 4 zone climate retrofit. Have anybody ever done this before? I saw, need a couple of things, like a rear panel, blower, air duct, maybe the front air vents as well, because there is an additional ’warm-cold’ switch for the passengers. I know, the car with the 4 zone c. has an air vents on the B-pillar too, but I think, it is not necessary for the proper operation. I do not know the wires, how does it look like under the centre compartment.

I already found a rear climate panel, and I purchased it. I do not want to buy the rest of the item until I know what I will need exactly. And also, I will need somebody, how can do this retrofit job, because I am not a good handyman, and after the installation it needs to be coded.
I live in Warrington, so if you know somebody, Who can do a job like this, I would be happy to send me the details.

The other thing is, I have perforated leather seats, due the front ones has the active ventilation features, and I found on the internet, the heating elements already installed into the rear seats, just there is now wires and switches to activate them. The panel, what I bought has two buttons for the seat heating, so may it will work after the wiring?!

Thanks!

Last edited by MPowerph; 12-11-2016 at 11:57 AM.
MPowerph is offline   Reply With Quote