F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

THE TRIPPLE "B" THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I am starting the tripple-B club: Bring Back Bangle!

exhibit A:

Who's with me?!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Contributors

I'm with ya, as soon as you correct the spelling of TRIPLE!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by m630
I'm with ya, as soon as you correct the spelling of TRIPLE!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 525i

count me in
Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Members

+1 I'm in.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Contributors

Extra P is for Phucking Awesome

Seriously though, how come they took such a huge step back with this? I mean, to me it seems that the designers had a huge challenge with the F10 - they had to design a cutting edge shape that will be both - the future of the 5er AND trump the Bangle-era designs. While no doubt the engineers succeeded somewhat at taking the F10 to the next level, the designers just sort of took the "easy way out" and designed one car with three iterations (E90, F10, F01) - and to add insult to injury, did it in a way that the new cars do not necessarily look "newer" than the previous generation. Even though F10 will likely end up being a sales success, I think I'm done with the 5 series and when it comes time for me to either trade the E60 or get a stablemate for her, I'll be going elsewhere - maybe within BMW model range, but not with an F10 for sure.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian

Seriously though, how come they took such a huge step back with this? I mean, to me it seems that the designers had a huge challenge with the F10 - they had to design a cutting edge shape that will be both - the future of the 5er AND trump the Bangle-era designs. While no doubt the engineers succeeded somewhat at taking the F10 to the next level, the designers just sort of took the "easy way out" and designed one car with three iterations (E90, F10, F01) - and to add insult to injury, did it in a way that the new cars do not necessarily look "newer" than the previous generation. Even though F10 will likely end up being a sales success, I think I'm done with the 5 series and when it comes time for me to either trade the E60 or get a stablemate for her, I'll be going elsewhere - maybe within BMW model range, but not with an F10 for sure.

I think the F10 looks fine and will look great with a M Tech kit. But I seem to be in minority here.

So if not the F10 then what's next for you? E60 M5??? M3??
Old 03-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian

if we read the early reports, many of those that were critical of the Bangle era and the e60 design are now praising the F10 as the heir apparent to the mighty E39, and I think that is what BMW wanted to hear...they wanted no noise this time and this is what we get...I also think that the departure of Bangle, as well as that guy who designed the Concept CS (who left for MB!) has been some of the issue, it is unbelievable to me that the F10 looks nearly EXAXTLY like the E90, just bigger, while the E90 is an old design already, and its subjectively UGLY, as compared to my beloved E46 that is...i dont get it either...we'll hold our breath for the LCI!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

i have music in my head.. i thought the triple b meant bimmer, benz and bentley...lmao.. (gotta stop listening to the radio)
Old 03-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
I think the F10 looks fine and will look great with a M Tech kit. But I seem to be in minority here.

So if not the F10 then what's next for you? E60 M5??? M3??
If I'm staying a one-car kinda guy, probably M3. I am hoping for something different though - like an X6 and a weekend toy, a used Boxster or smth.

Originally Posted by m630
if we read the early reports, many of those that were critical of the Bangle era and the e60 design are now praising the F10 as the heir apparent to the mighty E39, and I think that is what BMW wanted to hear...they wanted no noise this time and this is what we get...I also think that the departure of Bangle, as well as that guy who designed the Concept CS (who left for MB!) has been some of the issue, it is unbelievable to me that the F10 looks nearly EXAXTLY like the E90, just bigger, while the E90 is an old design already, and its subjectively UGLY, as compared to my beloved E46 that is...i dont get it either...we'll hold our breath for the LCI!
Yes, LCI will probably look better. Hopefully

And I actually even like the LCI E90. And E92 IMHO is the best-looking car that BMW makes today. But these are all designs that are about to get replaced in a couple of years.

Originally Posted by melimel
i have music in my head.. i thought the triple b meant bimmer, benz and bentley...lmao.. (gotta stop listening to the radio)
bwahahahaaaaa

Quick Reply: THE TRIPPLE "B" THREAD