F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Office Email working on RAZR now

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Office Email working on RAZR now

Android "JellyBean" version 4.1.2 is rolling out for Verizon RAZR, RAZR Maxx and RAZR HD and other models and an unadvertised feature is finally enabled; the Message Access Profile and the Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP, PBA).

If you have a limited Bluetooth phone like mine, you probably experienced that the Office functions are limited, getting Text only if you are lucky. To get the feature on Motorola RAZR, in Android, check Settings > About Phone and see if you have an update available. The working version is shown here.

Once you have it installed, re-pair the phone to Bluetooth in your BMW and during the pairing process watch your phone for permission dialogs to allow the two BT profiles. You should see this when the update is installed in the About Phone screen.

On the Control Display you see a new option like this:

And your messages look like this:

This may seem like no big deal if you have another phone that works, but for those who have been suffering without having an email reader (yes it uses text to speech on emails) it is a welcome feature.

If you want to try getting am early release of this update, try this link: Jellybean Rolling Out for the Original Verizon DROID RAZR! **How to Keep Root** - DroidRzr.com

Calendar, Notes and Tasks are still not working however there may be a patch for that also.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I'm still waiting for JB for my Bionic - only get txt messages now. And sometime later this year (July??) BMW Connected Office will work with Android phones too (currently only iPhones get the full benefit of BMW APPS if they are installed in your F10).