E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Why does my radio and remote reception suck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 08:41 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 1985 M635, 2010 e61
Model Year: 1985
Default Why does my radio and remote reception suck?

I recently had to replace the famed diversity amplifier on my e61. Brand new BMW part. Got the remote working again, yea...distance range still sucks and radio reception is still limited. I have an e39 touring, 2000 with 225k miles on it. I still haven't replaced the remote battery and the range distance easily puts the e61 to shame along with radio reception.

Any suggestions on improving this? I read one post where someone seemed to have wired up something that increased range, but saw no details so didn't follow exactly what the guy did. Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks,

Eric
Old 11-20-2016, 06:09 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by ericono
I recently had to replace the famed diversity amplifier on my e61. Brand new BMW part. Got the remote working again, yea...distance range still sucks and radio reception is still limited. I have an e39 touring, 2000 with 225k miles on it. I still haven't replaced the remote battery and the range distance easily puts the e61 to shame along with radio reception.

Any suggestions on improving this? I read one post where someone seemed to have wired up something that increased range, but saw no details so didn't follow exactly what the guy did. Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks,

Eric
I would be very interested if you found a solution, the remote reception is very poor on mine as well.