E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Tailgate wiring harness replacement??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 05:51 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535

Thanks sshobby!
Old 10-31-2016, 12:05 PM
Kbc
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2008

awesome find! thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by sshobby
An update - I fixed my wife's e61 remote. As I mentioned before, e61 diversity antennas are not on ebay. I found an e63 diversity antenna on ebay ($40!), that looks identical. I moved the board over to the wagon, and it works! An added benefit, probably from the harness repair, is that the range is now 'normal' - about 30 feet. Previously, I had to be right next to the car to open it with the remote.

The part number of the e63 antenna is 6934485-02. I bet E60 antennas work as well.

Make sure the connectors look identical.

An important note: I had to have the AM antenna hooked up - the Black connector - for the remote to program.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Samir.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Kbc
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2008

hilarious - i replaced my 2007 production date antenna with a $20 antenna from 2005 and ....wait for it....my remote entry now works!!!!

oh bmw
Old 08-29-2017, 11:27 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530d 2008 (58) E61

Hi all,

Signed up to this forum to say thanks for all the guides and Input from all the individuals on here. I have a 58 plate 530D, it currently has a rear left fog light and rear left reversing light failure. Can anyone confirm where I'll find these wires? I guess they'll be on the left hand side?

Many thanks, Lucas
Old 09-18-2017, 02:03 AM
Members

Default Soft Close

Hi, does anyone know for sure which wires deal with the soft close realising the boot is shut (and what side it runs down)? The mechanism all works OK by the tailgate switch (can see it spin), however, we have replaced all split wires we could see, and still no luck (so was hoping someone had a definitive answer before we have to put a multimeter on all wires )

Sure it will be a wiring issue, as the boot started to not pull closed, then would work fine for a few days, and got progressively worse, to the point now that it wont pull shut at all.

Many Thanks
Old 06-29-2018, 04:32 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535d Touring
Model Year: 2007
Default Midlands Auto Electrician

Hi,

535d Touring (2007)

Thanks for all the contributions to this thread. I'm having the soft close boot not closing properly issue as well as occasional battery warning and glass boot not opening now. Certainly seems like the wiring loom issue.

Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to attempt the fix myself. Can anyone recommend an auto electrician they have used that charged a reasonable price to have the loom replaced? I'm based in the Midlands (UK).

Also is the SenCom kit still recommended as the best replacement?

Many thanks in advance!

Old 07-02-2018, 04:44 AM
New Members

Default Help!

Anybody had this done in the Midlands UK? Recommendation would be really helpful!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bushido
Hi,

535d Touring (2007)

Thanks for all the contributions to this thread. I'm having the soft close boot not closing properly issue as well as occasional battery warning and glass boot not opening now. Certainly seems like the wiring loom issue.

Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to attempt the fix myself. Can anyone recommend an auto electrician they have used that charged a reasonable price to have the loom replaced? I'm based in the Midlands (UK).

Also is the SenCom kit still recommended as the best replacement?

Many thanks in advance!

Old 07-04-2018, 10:44 AM
New Members

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535xiT Touring, N54, Individual Audio
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54 3.0L Twin Turbo

Thanks for the tip sshobby on the E63 diversity antenna module - I've purchased one on eBay - when it arrives I hope it will solve my loss of remote entry (for the second time) on my E61.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:29 PM
New Members

My Ride: E61 523i
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Bushido
Anybody had this done in the Midlands UK? Recommendation would be really helpful!

Thanks!

Hi,

I was facing issues with locking and unlocking, radio signal and rear glass heating. I purchased the Sencom wiring loom and took it down to Simon at A.C.O Motors ltd, Shutt Lane Earlswood B94 6DA, 01564 702 732. He is a great guy, professional and knows his stuff. I was recommended him by a fellow member and drove up to him a couple of times from London, the price is reasonable. If you do end up going to him, tell him I recommended you (silver estate from london).

I hope your issue is sorted out.

Katitu
Old 07-18-2018, 02:39 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Katitu
Hi,

I was facing issues with locking and unlocking, radio signal and rear glass heating. I purchased the Sencom wiring loom and took it down to Simon at A.C.O Motors ltd, Shutt Lane Earlswood B94 6DA, 01564 702 732. He is a great guy, professional and knows his stuff. I was recommended him by a fellow member and drove up to him a couple of times from London, the price is reasonable. If you do end up going to him, tell him I recommended you (silver estate from london).

I hope your issue is sorted out.

Katitu
Hi Katitu,

Thanks for the recommendation. Apologies, I've only just seen your reply as I didn't get a notification! I've got the car booked into Hughes Brothers Derby so will update on how they do. Heard good things about them so fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Tailgate wiring harness replacement??