E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

new (to me) e61 M-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 01:27 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: e30
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by oclvframe
Dang! I love that e46 wagon...did you import a european spec wagon or make that into something like a zhp wagon?

-r
Thanks. I made it into a zhp style wagon. Mtech2 front with M-Aero 1 sideskirts/rear valence. M5 style wheels. It has factory ZHP suspension. Thought about putting in a 3.0 ZHP motor but my 2.5 runs like a top so it was hard to justify.

Originally Posted by ericono
Yeah, that e46 is nice! What color is it? I agree it does look like a little brother.
Color is Orient Blue. Wasn't my #1 color but when you're looking for a wagon with all the options, you don't really get a choice sometimes.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530XiT BSM/Auburn
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by Alpine003
Thanks. I made it into a zhp style wagon. Mtech2 front with M-Aero 1 sideskirts/rear valence. M5 style wheels. It has factory ZHP suspension. Thought about putting in a 3.0 ZHP motor but my 2.5 runs like a top so it was hard to justify.

Color is Orient Blue. Wasn't my #1 color but when you're looking for a wagon with all the options, you don't really get a choice sometimes.
I love my zhp 'vert. Between it and my Jeep, they're the most fun you can have shifting gears while rollin topless!
Attached Thumbnails new (to me) e61 M-Sport-dsc_0156_10892870045_o.jpg  
Old 02-09-2016, 02:23 PM
New Members

I love my zhp 'vert. Between it and my Jeep, they're the most fun you can have shifting gears while rollin topless!
Definitely. Many consider the e46 to be the last true analog 3 series before it got bloated and more comfy. I even had a hard time transitioning to the bulkier e61 but I'm finally getting used to it.

Btw, my e61 is "imported" into the US, meaning original owner(military guy) actually bought it in Germany from a German BMW dealer before bringing it with him back to the states. I even have the original European Nav disc. Lol.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530XiT BSM/Auburn
Model Year: 2007

Definitely. Many consider the e46 to be the last true analog 3 series before it got bloated and more comfy. I even had a hard time transitioning to the bulkier e61 but I'm finally getting used to it.

Btw, my e61 is "imported" into the US, meaning original owner(military guy) actually bought it in Germany from a German BMW dealer before bringing it with him back to the states. I even have the original European Nav disc. Lol.
Wow....now THAT's ironic. My ZHP was also bought buy a someone stationed in Germany....Although it is an 05 model, it's carfax doesn't start until 08! I am the third owner so not sure what nav cd's came with it....I actually never messed with the original nav unit...I upgraded to a Dynavin shortly after getting it.

-r
Old 02-09-2016, 08:01 PM
New Members

Wow....now THAT's ironic. My ZHP was also bought buy a someone stationed in Germany....Although it is an 05 model, it's carfax doesn't start until 08! I am the third owner so not sure what nav cd's came with it....I actually never messed with the original nav unit...I upgraded to a Dynavin shortly after getting it.

-r
That's definitely a funny coincidence. It seems like everyone with a e46 has a Dynavin too, lol.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:12 PM
New Members

My Ride: e61 / KW V3 / JB4 / M5 Rear Sway / FDL Coded / SAT Retrofit w GKE flash / ER FMIC / BMS DCI
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54

I appreciate the tip on the Nav too. Already sent a PM for the details. Have you already done it?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:20 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by GTYellowJacket
I appreciate the tip on the Nav too. Already sent a PM for the details. Have you already done it?
Yes, I have a '08 with CCC unit so I had to burn it on a dual layer DVD to fit both eastern and western regions. It was easy as ejecting the old disc and loading the new disc and turning off the car for 5min to let it reset.

Newer CIC units will probably be a couple extra steps due to the hard drive based nav.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:07 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010, E61, 535i xDrive

How do I get the extra functionality out of the preset buttons you are talking about?

Any other hidden features you can tell me about is much appreciated.

Take care,

Eric
Once you are on the screen you want to save, press and hold the preset. For example, go to the trebble/bass adjustment screen, press and hold #6 until it saves it.

Coding helps with a lot of those hidden things. I always disliked the fact that I can open the tailgate with the keyfob, but couldn't close it! I got Carly for BMW and now I can close it. I can also close my windows from the keyfob as well. Unlock all doors when I take the fob out, etc. Those little things that make you happier in your wagon ;-)
Old 02-10-2016, 09:57 AM
New Members

My Ride: 1985 M635, 2010 e61
Model Year: 1985

Wait, I'm liking everything you just said. Can you give me a little more detail on this Carly person you mentioned?

Thanks for the tips!

BTW, I think I forgot to mention before, but I like your wheels, what kind are they?

Eric
Old 02-10-2016, 04:54 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010, E61, 535i xDrive

Wait, I'm liking everything you just said. Can you give me a little more detail on this Carly person you mentioned?

Thanks for the tips!

BTW, I think I forgot to mention before, but I like your wheels, what kind are they?

Eric
Carly is the name of the app, not sure if named after a person or just coincided

Check it out here: Carly for BMW - The Most Powerful BMW App Solution

Thanks about the wheels, they are TSW Chicane, lighter than factory and affordable. I stayed with 17s to keep ride quality and to save money.

Quick Reply: new (to me) e61 M-Sport