E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Island Road E61 535xi M5 Clone Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 11:10 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Figured it was time for update while the turbos and suspension parts are still waiting to come in.

The car will be featured at Bimmerfest East this year in the Dinmann Booth and to complement things its time for some CF goodies on the way. We will start will the front splinter just recently made to fit the OEM M5 front bumper.

A big thanks to goes out to Dinmann who makes amazing CF products and who you could say is a sponsor. I have been working with him for the past few months to have this parts added and also some custom work done that will be shown shortly that is unique to the E60's so far.

Name:  8I0Spu9.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  287.3 KB

Name:  H4cGsMu.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  274.5 KB

Name:  oRUfZKt.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  337.0 KB

Name:  q6DVKtc.jpg
Size:  376.3 KB

Name:  QSxrPRb.jpg
Size:  414.4 KB
Old 04-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: E61 with all the mods
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

This should look killer once it is all put together. I saw this thread on M5Board as I was entertaining the idea of a lip and I really like the modern and clean style of the Dinmann products, then I saw the price... Makes sense for small production CF but hard for me to justify strapping that kind of money to that location of my wagon with how I use it. I am sure the sponsorship makes things much more reasonable.

Craftsmanship looks killer and I really like how there are no flares or wings on the side. I also really like the style of the wings on the rear bumper, clean.

You might need to get yourself some custom headlights... let me know if you need some!

Evan
Old 04-06-2015, 09:25 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by ucsbwsr
This should look killer once it is all put together. I saw this thread on M5Board as I was entertaining the idea of a lip and I really like the modern and clean style of the Dinmann products, then I saw the price... Makes sense for small production CF but hard for me to justify strapping that kind of money to that location of my wagon with how I use it. I am sure the sponsorship makes things much more reasonable.

Craftsmanship looks killer and I really like how there are no flares or wings on the side. I also really like the style of the wings on the rear bumper, clean.

You might need to get yourself some custom headlights... let me know if you need some!

Evan
Evan,

It has yet to be installed but right now fitting everything and trying to find out if i should put a clear 3M cover on top of the splitter or just the rear. The Wagon is mainly used on the weekends and not everyday and the splitter will also be taken off during the winter as they can be very harsh here. Dinmann makes some great products for sure, the quality that goes into the pieces is top notch.

There is a custom peice in the rear for the new Quad exhaust that you will be happy to see. Not sure if I should be putting a teaser out there just yet. Once the turbos are done going to have a shop do a 3.5 exhaust with quad rear to set it off.

As for the headlights yes I needed them yesterday! I will send you a PM about it.

Dan
Old 04-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Any updates on the turbo/ I'm kinda interested in a new option.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:20 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by TLO03
Any updates on the turbo/ I'm kinda interested in a new option.
Turbos just came in the other day. They are not going to be installed until the suspension is finished. Right now they are the Hexon RR450 so with intakes I am guessing around 550AWHP considering they are slightly smaller then RB. Reason for going with Hexon is one they are a sponsor and also they are developing RR650 that will be a complete upgrade for the twins only utilizing the stock manifold moving forward. The RR450 that are going to be installed within a few weeks are temporary upgrades until the RR650 developments are finalized then these will be sent back to Hexon.

When the turbo install takes place there will be some updates along of course with the ISC updates.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

I thought you going with a single turbo kit.. Is that going to be the rr650 kit?
Old 04-21-2015, 09:29 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by TLO03
I thought you going with a single turbo kit.. Is that going to be the rr650 kit?
The mixup might of been the 335i that I have is going with an ST, although possible Hexon RR650 not sure.

As far as I know there is only 1 535i with a ST kit and the manifold is the best looking on the market but gets the job done. Making a XI work with ST would be large undertaking. I am not sure if you have been following RB turbos updates with the (EVO Turbos) he is building but the RR650 are going to be exactly like this Twin upgraded BB turbos think Disco Patatos x2. Completely new exhaust and intake housing with BB char, from my understanding the only thing that will be used is the stock manifold. We are expecting to see around 600AWHP on pump (93) factor in meth or E85 I am sure it will be well within the ST levels while retaining a price point that of RB's.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 M5

My brain keeps trying to figure out how to open up the hood space in the XIs a little. Since the S85 needed significantly more space under the hood on the E60 and E61, they relocated the DSC pump behind the front left wheel well. All of the brake lines for the E61 M5 are identical to the E60 M5, therefore readily available in the US. You would need 6 hard lines total, 2 from the master cylinder to drop down to the DSC, then 4 more off to each wheel. Seems like some work, but surely someone out there is bored enough.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:10 AM
New Members

Things have been somewhat busy so here is a overdue update. Unfortunately fewer pictures than I had hoped.

With the updated turbos going in and preparation for them we upgraded to Stage 2 by Fuel-it. We are running MHD with a custom tune by Ken at wedge performance to support RR550 turbos from Hexon. Within a few weeks he will have the ability to tune past 22psi with a max of 36. He has a set of the Hexon RR550 so we will be pushing the limits of them to see how much HP we can make.

Name:  AlVmaFx.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  333.5 KB

The Trim on this car has always been somewhat lack luster. We decided to wrap all the trim 3M 1080 Brushed Black. Everything actually came out great and the trim was easy to work with.

Name:  3iPpbfF.jpg
Size:  152.5 KB
Name:  UfxBCNR.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  480.2 KB
Name:  bteGxIp.jpg
Size:  210.5 KB
Name:  CmwSn7m.jpg
Size:  339.3 KB

Thanks to a user posting an E61 6 speed that also just happen to be an hour away we now have a donor car! The car is the same year but with a 6 speed. We will be transplanting over everything, harness, DME, transmission, ect. As for the clutch we will be going with a Spec Stage 3+ with Steel SMFW. I have talked to a user on N54tech who has done this swap with his e90. Because we have a donor car everything should be a swap and no coding needed. We will be taking off all the replacement parts installing them back on the other E61 to make that an automatic and will soon be for sale one compete. I know its a shame to take a complete working car and make an auto but we have done to much to our current car that just swaping over all the parts was simply not an option not to mention we would have to repaint everything and green is not a color that we want anyway.

Name:  rIygIJ3.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  567.1 KB
Name:  OuQHXPu.jpg
Size:  178.9 KB
Name:  yJZ1nYW.jpg
Size:  304.2 KB

Considering we liked the interior and the two tone color we decided to swap the seats. The Steering wheel will follow as well, but no need for paddle shifters anymore! Soon this seat swap might include M5 interior, if everything fits that will be the direction we go towards.

Name:  2QOBEiX.jpg
Size:  153.4 KB

I big thanks to @Lotus99 for selling his RD sway bars that are much needed this car. They are yet to be installed, but should be greatly and will be a nice addition with the coilovers.

Name:  m8S9CN4.jpg
Size:  374.3 KB
Old 07-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Wow, this is taking things to a completely different level here! Can't wait to see the build!

Quick Reply: Island Road E61 535xi M5 Clone Wagon