E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Hi All.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 09:30 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535xi wagon
Model Year: 2008
Engine: n54
Question Hi All.

Hello everyone, not sure if this is he right place to ask questions or not so i'll just dive in :-)
I have a 2008 535xi wagon that got soaked in torrential rain for a few days, the first problem i noticed was the clock needed reset, then the TPM went haywire on me, then the tailgate screwed up and last but the most worrying is no rear suspension. i had to drive it 70 miles like that with all sorts of warnings going off but the engine seemed just fine thank God.
I dove into the wheel well and sure enough a gallon of water and the TPM module the most drowned but what i need to know is which module controls the ride level,/air pump???
Thanks in advanced for any helpful reply.

Belay that order no 1 :-) I did a translation of EHC Steuergerät Luftversorgungsanlage and having lived in Germany for a while i reasoned Luft = air so i guessed that was the unit that needed checking (actually i had already stripped it apart and dried and cleaned it yesterday) i also read somewhere that the green relay was the one for the air level system, i had taken that apart yesterday too and it was covered in slime and wet inside so i ordered one and fitted it just now and viola as soon as i started the engine on came the compressor.
So for anyone else having the same problem these two items need to be checked, now all i need is a TPM module (too far gone) and figure out why the tailgate lifter runs too long causing the tailgate to close but then it pushes the tailgate out a little on the left side causing the interior lights to stay on and dash warning that the tailgate is open, any ideas anyone????

Last edited by Andy Thebrit; 01-25-2017 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Found the fix
Old 01-25-2017, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Welcome to the forum, Andy! Sorry you're experiencing so many issues. I'm moving your post to our E61 forum, where I think your questions will get better exposure.