E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Hello everyone. 😀

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 02:41 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525dse Automatic
Smile Hello everyone. 😀

Hello there, greetings to you all. I am new to the group having only recently bought a 5 series touring. It's a 2004 525 dse Auto and has 78k miles on the clock.

I have had it a week and rather worryingly it has shown me a few glitches.
1) every now and then it fires up some weird errors. "Servotronic failure" "ABS fault" " Run flat indicator not detected". It then goes into weird reduced power really reluctant to pull away and the steering goes heavy. I have tried an OBD2 ding tool which shows no faults recorded.?

2) this just happened. I was on a dual carriageway cruising at around 65mph. Went to overtake a car so put my foot down on the accelerator to induce kick down, the gearbox did kick down and the revs increased but there was no comforting shove in the back as the car accelerated. It felt like the clutch was slipping. The engine was developing power but it was not being transferred to the wheels.

So I know it is rude to just come on here and pick people's brains so again hello to you all, I am not usually rude but would like I feel possible to have some insight from yourselves as to what the issues are and how much my wallet will squeal to sort it.

Cheers guys and gals

Tom, Leicestershire.UK