E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

E61 Remote Key Fob Again!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:51 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 M Sport

You have more broken wires inside the roof lining
Old 12-31-2013, 06:30 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 530xi touring
Model Year: 2006
Engine: 3 liter

Originally Posted by chinesespaceman
You have more broken wires inside the roof lining
No I don't. The right side has no broken wires. The left side has a ground wire broken, but was fixed.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:53 PM
New Members

My Ride: E61

Update from me - finally received my diversity amplifier today, installed it and my problems are all solved. So happy! It took 2 1/2 weeks to get the part, though. Had to come from Germany, bad weather, holidays, etc. But, I'm back to 'touching' my car and having it know me!

Here's to a success!
Diane
Old 01-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Members

Diane,
Good news. Do you see any improvements in working distance with a new amplifier?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:04 AM
New Members

I do see a difference. Before I would sometimes plead with her to open when I grabbed the door handle. I'd have to go to the rear driver's side door and that usually worked better. Lots of fun that is in the rain! Then when starting, I'd sometimes have to hold my purse w/ keys up by the steering wheel (doubt you guys do that ) to get it to know I really was there.
That seems to be resolved. I really never did use the remote buttons on the fob due to the comfort access feature. So, I don't know if that range is improved.
When it was broken, a friend on mine called me 'mortal'. Yeah, not fun. So much better when it's working.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:26 PM
New Members

My Ride: 5 Series e61

Sound like I have the very issue Chinesespaceman had. My remotes weren't working, seem to die over time and then just stopped. I went hunting, the diversity modue was dry and had no indications of water and the connectors were perfect. I then hunted down the the wire harness, had to resplice all the wires on the right hand side of the car (E61 RHD car). I then also had the battery replaced in the remote and after all this I'd fixed my fog light and probably stopped other things failing on the rear but my remotes still don't work.

Now here the strange thing my FM radio is working fine and the pre-sets look fine as well so I'm thinking its not the diversity module. Apart form rechecking the fuses in the rear what else could I be missing. Is there any easy way to test the diversity module, I'm not keen to fork out for a new one if the old one is really working?
Old 01-28-2014, 03:51 PM
New Members

My FM was fine also and I saw no obvious moisture on diversity. Did you open the white box the diversity is in and check the board? That's the only way I knew it was the problem. The computer board had slight, but obvious corrosion. Check that out, if you haven't.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Here was my thread on it:

https://5series.net/forums/e61-touri...lready-116438/

And a pic of the inside of mine, the board, with rust and oxidation and calcium buildup:
Attached Thumbnails E61 Remote Key Fob Again!!-photo.jpg  
Old 01-29-2014, 02:22 AM
New Members

Mine looked similar, but not rusty. It was over on the right by the black plug in your picture, just like yours.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:55 AM
New Members

My Ride: 5 Series e61

Thanks for your comments. Yes I did open up the diversity module and it was bone dry and none of the points looked at all like they had seen water. Is there any way yo test the diversity module is working? My FM is absolutely fine.

Just wondering does the alarm wire run down the right had side of the car or left? I fixed the right hand wires (rear hinge located ones) but I couldn't see any broken wires on the left so didn't pull it apart entirely.

Quick Reply: E61 Remote Key Fob Again!!