E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

E61 M5 rear bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 01:04 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 530D Manual
Default E61 M5 rear bumper?

Does anyone make a copy of this as i can't find one anywhere, or does anyone know of a genuine for sale
Old 11-04-2015, 02:21 PM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by Brammer
Does anyone make a copy of this as i can't find one anywhere, or does anyone know of a genuine for sale
As far as I am aware nobody makes a copy of this. Also as this car was never introduced within the US you would have a better chance of finding one second hand.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:30 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: '08 E61 manual

Originally Posted by Island Road
As far as I am aware nobody makes a copy of this. Also as this car was never introduced within the US you would have a better chance of finding one second hand.
Agreed with Island Road, M5 E61 bumpers are going to be a purchase from Europe.
I have big doubts an M5 bumper from E60 would fit, since the E60 Msport does not fit an E61. Please ask me how I know...
Old 11-10-2015, 05:43 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010, E61, 535i xDrive

Adding to TopPMP, fenders on E60 M5s are wider, so bumpers will not align correctly. Your best option would be to get a M style bumper for E60, but then the question is, how are you going to put a second exhaust pipe on the passenger side? Are you planning on removing the air suspension compressor?
Old 11-10-2015, 05:46 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: '08 E61 manual

Originally Posted by pocholin
Adding to TopPMP, fenders on E60 M5s are wider, so bumpers will not align correctly. Your best option would be to get a M style bumper for E60, but then the question is, how are you going to put a second exhaust pipe on the passenger side? Are you planning on removing the air suspension compressor?
E60 M sport rear bumper will not fit on a E61.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:59 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010, E61, 535i xDrive

Originally Posted by TopPMP
E60 M sport rear bumper will not fit on a E61.
Should I ask you how you know?

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:35 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by pocholin

OP is talking about the rear bumper that would be the same width. The front is the difference between the fenders. Do this swap then you can fit the M5 front bumper.

As for the exhaust, we have dual quad pipes and you have to do exactly that take out the compressor. Because we went to full coil-over setup we can remove the faulty airbags / pump.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:08 AM
New Members

My Ride: E61 530D Manual

I've manage to source a rear bumper luckily just up the road from me so thats another part sorted. Interested to hear about the dual exhaust and the compressor, why do you have to remove the compressor? i'd be having a custom exhaust built on the car so can it be routed around? hope so as this could cause me a big issue.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:56 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Brammer
I've manage to source a rear bumper luckily just up the road from me so thats another part sorted. Interested to hear about the dual exhaust and the compressor, why do you have to remove the compressor? i'd be having a custom exhaust built on the car so can it be routed around? hope so as this could cause me a big issue.
We went with a full coilover suspension that removes that stock air bags completely. We option for this for a few reason but we are also running a duel quad diffuser. With the air-pump still in place its not possible to route around it.

Name:  dDNzTYRh.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  145.3 KB

Name:  hf85hwHh.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  137.2 KB
Old 01-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d
Model Year: E61 2006

It is pretty easy to load the trunk of the E61. If you add people on the rear seat, then your suspension and car balance will be a mess with a coilover setup. So it makes no sense to me to eliminate the self levelling suspension system. For a sportier feeling, i installed E61 M5 sways bars that is pretty cheap and eliminate alot the body roll. Only the rear need bushings because at the front the size is almost the same of the msport setup and the msport bushings work on it. The stiffer front is obtained due to different bar design.

In my car i moved the air compressor to the left side. When you replace the stock muffler for a aftermarket unit, it will give you plenty of space for it. Just check the pics above. For that you need to fabricate mounts, extend wiring and vacuum lines. To improve the reliability of the oem system, i even route the air filter to inside the left storage of the trunk to allow the compressor to work always with clean and dry air. The vacuum line was the simplest thing to extend with dedicated connections, extra line and zip-ties. The wiring need some time consumption with soldering but also a easy thing to do. The mounts leave it for the guy that will make your exhaust because it will be a easy task for him.

Last edited by Tiago; 01-29-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Quick Reply: E61 M5 rear bumper?