E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

19" Staggered wheels and DSC

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys
New to theE61 forum ,formerly an e39 Wagoner, got a fully loaded CPO 535 Xi yesterday M pkg( will post pics after mods complete) ,Carbon Blk
Anyways got some OEM M3 19 CSL wheels on the car last night and today the TPMS will not reset,more than that when I floor the car the traction light comes on and slows the car down.....not sure if the wheels are an issue or not
Any of you chaps with staggered set up having this problem? Thanks for any feedback
Old 08-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Hello , and congrats, I'm so interested in seeing csl's please post fitment specs..

Now, tpms usually resets after a bit of driving sometimes feet sometimes miles. So have your driven it at all?

Traction control is excatly that when the tires spin or wheel speeds differ from wheel to wheel it cuts power. If you press the dsc once it will lessen if you press and hold its totally disabled.. Wheels should spin.

I've never been able to engage the dcs on a stock 535.. Cant say im tried too hard. Tune? Worn tires?

Good luck hope I helped , pics please.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Members

Thanks for the reply
The CSLs are from my 2012 M3 ,they look great
Will post pics soon
Cheers
Old 08-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nofear
Thanks for the reply
The CSLs are from my 2012 M3 ,they look great
Will post pics soon
Cheers
Ok guys update,the staggered set up isint working,I put the stock wheels back on and the tpms reset and the DSC stopped coming on.....it was coming on even at 30 mph .... So I guess the staggered set ups do not work on the X drives
Old 08-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 E61 535i Touring

What tire sizes are you running? I just switched to 245/35/19 F and 275/30/19 R with no issues, even after 600 miles. My TPMS did come on after the wheels were mounted at Discount Tire with new sensors. I reset the system and the indicator light was gone after driving a block away.

Wheel sizes are:
19 x 8.5 ET 35
19 x 9.5 ET 33

I had a DSC malfunction message come on after my car had the tint done since the doors were open and drained the battery. While driving in the parking lot it said something about reduced power or something. Again, it cleared itself after driving 0.5 miles and had not come back.

Depdening on the sizes, the tires could be the issue. Or perhaps a faulty senor...? Sounds like the DSC is detecting that the wheels are not all rolling at the same speed or revolutions.

-Christian
Old 08-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Cpalacay
What tire sizes are you running? I just switched to 245/35/19 F and 275/30/19 R with no issues, even after 600 miles. My TPMS did come on after the wheels were mounted at Discount Tire with new sensors. I reset the system and the indicator light was gone after driving a block away.

Wheel sizes are:
19 x 8.5 ET 35
19 x 9.5 ET 33

I had a DSC malfunction message come on after my car had the tint done since the doors were open and drained the battery. While driving in the parking lot it said something about reduced power or something. Again, it cleared itself after driving 0.5 miles and had not come back.

Depdening on the sizes, the tires could be the issue. Or perhaps a faulty senor...? Sounds like the DSC is detecting that the wheels are not all rolling at the same speed or revolutions.

-Christian
Christian
Thanks for the reply , yes that was it......it is all about the tire size and rotational speed having to be the same or nearly the same since its AWD,my tire sizes were incorrect,getting a set as per the specs you posted,.....great forum, with great info and fellow enthusiasts!! Btw is ur ride lowered?any rubbing with 33 rear offset and 275 tires?Thanks
Old 08-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 E61 535i Touring

Originally Posted by nofear
Christian
Thanks for the reply , yes that was it......it is all about the tire size and rotational speed having to be the same or nearly the same since its AWD,my tire sizes were incorrect,getting a set as per the specs you posted,.....great forum, with great info and fellow enthusiasts!! Btw is ur ride lowered?any rubbing with 33 rear offset and 275 tires?Thanks
Our car isn't lowered yet since my wife wants to wait until spring to get it done. After all, it's her car... No rubbing at all, even with 2 adults and a dog in the back.

I read a thread somewhere here were the lowest offset I've seen for AWD E61s is 31 or 32 before the fenders need to be rolled in the back, even after being lowered. I used that as my guide when I bought my set. I'll play with spacers once it's lowered since it looks like there a little more room.

Now that we found the issue with your wheels, I think you owe us some pics once those CSLs are mounted!

-Christian
Old 08-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Cpalacay
Our car isn't lowered yet since my wife wants to wait until spring to get it done. After all, it's her car... No rubbing at all, even with 2 adults and a dog in the back.

I read a thread somewhere here were the lowest offset I've seen for AWD E61s is 31 or 32 before the fenders need to be rolled in the back, even after being lowered. I used that as my guide when I bought my set. I'll play with spacers once it's lowered since it looks like there a little more room.

Now that we found the issue with your wheels, I think you owe us some pics once those CSLs are mounted!

-Christian
Will definitely post pics.....looks like the CSLs may not work after all unless fender is rolled....offset is 25
But will post pics