E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Coilover Roll Call - KW - FK - JRZ - ISC - Lets hear your Review!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xi wagon
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

ISC BMW 5-Series E60 E61 32-way Adjustable Coilovers

Is this the one? This is Airbag on or off? Ready to go for one.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:17 AM
bh!
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Touring

Just created a user specifically because of this thread. Looking to pick up an E61 XI soon and coilovers will be a requirement. So happy to see other companies are stepping in with cheaper options then KW. Just in time for me!

Yeah whats up with the link 535XI Wagon posted? Looks like they are live and ready to purchase?
Old 08-24-2015, 12:01 PM
Members

Seems like most people with E61 are on springs or KW.

E60 and E61 are different suspension correct?
Old 08-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Members

Any news on the ISC suspension? No more update? : (
Old 08-31-2015, 08:57 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by bh!
Just created a user specifically because of this thread. Looking to pick up an E61 XI soon and coilovers will be a requirement. So happy to see other companies are stepping in with cheaper options then KW. Just in time for me!

Yeah whats up with the link 535XI Wagon posted? Looks like they are live and ready to purchase?
I believe that was always like that, I don’t think Mod Bargins knew at the time they did not have something that fit the XI and it’s a just coincidence that the pages shows it now.

Originally Posted by minnesotaR6
Seems like most people with E61 are on springs or KW.

E60 and E61 are different suspension correct?
That is correct and if they are on springs its only in the front, there were very limited options from the E61 prior to ISC. The E60 and E61 are different as the E61 utilizes air bag for auto leveling in the rear.

Originally Posted by 535XI Wagon
Any news on the ISC suspension? No more update? : (
The suspension is complete, the spring rates are 12kg fronts 10kg rear. As it stands now we about 25 clicks in the rear and 20 in the front out of 32 clicks. After taking a long trip to Bimmerfest east and back we were able to put a lot of miles on the car and test out the handling. The car is completely transformed and handles corners with ease while inspiring confidence. The good thing about the coils are they handles uneven and bumpy roads within killing your back or jarring your teeth yet when you need it to perform it has no problem switching tasks. I would say this spring rate & ride quality is more a mild street performance route. We have talked ISC in regards to going up in the spring rate to be a bit more performance oriented aka aggressive street light track setup without of course trying not to compromise ride quality. It might be worth holding off on the spring rate until we can try the other rate and provide feedback. If you are just looking for a great replacement over stock while still maintaining ride quality but added performance I would say 12/10 would be perfect for you.

I spoke with Andrew about joining this site and setting up a group buy. If you want to move things forward I would advise contacting ISC and showing your interest for them to do so. They are ready to get the ball rolling on this kit and in the hands of some E61 owners.
Here are some pictures of the car just finished with the complete kit. We will be lowering it a bit more to the desired stance that we want. We kept this exact height all the way from NH to NJ for Bimmerfest. If you have ever done that route you know how bad some of the roads can be. During this time we hit a lot of bumps that we would otherwise cringe at and the suspension handled everything it was thrown at it. We are very impressed with the kit thus far, and I think it’s at a great price point the product you are receiving.

Name:  xqdW61j.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  2.55 MB
Name:  L2KmlLJ.jpg
Size:  1.50 MB
Name:  mZpQnHJ.jpg
Size:  1.49 MB
Old 09-03-2015, 07:03 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525ix (N52 Engine)

My quick H&R Springs Review:

I got a E60 so I dont know how much this will relate to a E61.

Lowered the car on my 19 inch wheels, wheel gap in the front is taken care of and is sitting at the height i wanted it to. In the rear its sitting lower. That being said gap is really tight. Especially with my 275/35 tires in the rear. Yes I know the tires are "fat". I didnt want thinner tires, ride quality would just be horrible, plus i rather protect the new set of rims from any potential pot holes.

Gap was taken care of, ride quality did get crappier. But thats with any spring set. By crappier i mean this:
-yes you can feel more of the road
-yes, its bouncy

To remind you I am on 19 inch wheels, I feel like 18 inch wheels would make some noticeable difference.

It corners really nicely and car looks great.

Sometimes the bounciness is a little annoying if you really pay attention to it or if you drive on a really crappy patched up road. Highway is smooth-less, you feel the small bumps but its nothing too bad. I also got crappy stock shocks, which i really didnt have the money to buy new ones and replace them. Thats a project for next summer. If shocks run me around a grand, I might as well get the coilovers. Which brings me to this, I dont want B8 shocks from what i hear it actually makes the ride even worse and it raises the car. Dont know what i should look at. Because of one shock (in my opinion) i rub one tire on bigger bumps. lol. So i gotta get that taken care of. Im probably also going to roll my fenders or something down the road. I also dont "scrape" or anything on a daily basis it isnt slammed. I do drive more carefully now tho, mainly because of that one shock that makes my tire rub sometimes. If you are willing to sacrifice a little bit of comfort go with the springs. If not, get coilovers. I still think 2.5k for coilovers i ridiculous and will stay away from them unless i got 2.5k as pocket change. lol. Shout out to the ISC guys for actually taking their time and making something that is reasonably priced. Thats why when it comes to change out my shocks and they will run a grand alone, i will be getting those (if they fit a E60)
Old 09-09-2015, 07:58 AM
bh!
New Members

My Ride: 535xi Touring

Originally Posted by Island Road
Excellent info

Okay, so don't order these then...

Are we able to order from ISC directly? Or is there another place to get these?

Also, how does height adjustment work in the rear with the auto leveling system? Are any warnings tripped?

Last edited by bh!; 09-09-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Members

+1

Originally Posted by bh!
okay, so don't order these then...

isc bmw 5-series e60 e61 32-way adjustable coilovers

are we able to order from isc directly? Or is there another place to get these?

Also, how does height adjustment work in the rear with the auto leveling system? Are any warnings tripped?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:05 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by Kasmo
My quick H&R Springs Review:
Nice job on the review. I am sure it would be close enough to the E61 that people can get an understanding of how they perform.

Originally Posted by bh!
Okay, so don't order these then...

Are we able to order from ISC directly? Or is there another place to get these?

Yes I would hold off on these and go directly to ISC. I will be in contact with them today and ask about the group buy and what the status is on that. A new thread will be made for the GP.

I am assuming you are talking about the height adjustment with the rear airbags intact? The same way KW and JZW does it, they have included a extended device that allows the rear airbag to go lower then stock when lowering the front no light tripped.

As for buying a set that deletes the rear air bag (Recommended) coding will need to be done in order to eliminate that warning error that comes with deletion of the rear airbag. Having the warning light in no way affects the driving.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:44 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW M3

Originally Posted by Island Road
Nice job on the review. I am sure it would be close enough to the E61 that people can get an understanding of how they perform.

Yes I would hold off on these and go directly to ISC. I will be in contact with them today and ask about the group buy and what the status is on that. A new thread will be made for the GP.

I am assuming you are talking about the height adjustment with the rear airbags intact? The same way KW and JZW does it, they have included a extended device that allows the rear airbag to go lower then stock when lowering the front no light tripped.

As for buying a set that deletes the rear air bag (Recommended) coding will need to be done in order to eliminate that warning error that comes with deletion of the rear airbag. Having the warning light in no way affects the driving.
Quick question for you. Is there more adjustability on the ride height from where you have your car set at? I'd like to be about an inch lower than that on my car. Hows the ride quality? I've got the H&R springs and they're a complete nightmare.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Coilover Roll Call - KW - FK - JRZ - ISC - Lets hear your Review!